Burning 2x4's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stove in my shop burns mostly tablesaw scraps. Good stuff. I even throw in a bit of treated wood, but only if I somehow missed the occasional piece when taking it to the dumpster.

I also burn my uglies out there, but my ugly pile is growing and I don't know where to get rid of it. I hate to throw out all that good wood.

Craigslist, $50 a pickup load, they load.

I have worked several wood shops and the scraps were always in hot demand for guys who worked there and burned, or the factories sold them off to random people for the same purpose. Most of that was hardwood scraps though, birch, maple, oak, etc. The only thing to watch for is over firing, they burn hot and fast. Your pine lumber scraps will be the same, just not last as long, no biggee. In your case, throw a few at a time in on the coals to get the stove going good again, hardwood on top.

I burn all of my project scraps in the stove or the fire pit. Go ahead, it's free wood and will be just fine.

Latest posts

Back