Burning Propane tonight !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
Turned on the furnace tonight. It's 52 outside and I don't feel like building a fire to fend off the coolness.

Ian

For shame H². And you, a virgin burner to boot.
Penance will come:taped::taped:

HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

And here I was thinking you was normal....;)

To be fair, we are burning off the dregs of the woodpile in the day, and a big load at beditime just to keep the moisture and chill at bay.

It ain't over untill I gotta open windows.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It ain't over until I gotta open windows.:D

:agree2: I'm with you on that one....But as my grandma used to say "it is sure sounds good to step outside and hear the frogs hollering"

I,m in the same boat. I had the N/G furnace on for a little while today but I couldn't stand it anymore and lit a fire around 7pm. It's still about 47 degrees outside so I have it chocked all the way back in an attempt to keep the house temp under 75.

this time of year and early fall are the two down-fall seasons for me.. i don't have any other heat source except for the wood furnace so when it's like 50 outside during the day, no wood in after like midnight the night before.. but the downside is like now.. it's supposed to get down to 26 tonight, but my house is still 76 and I JUST lit the fire... it's gonna be 84 in here by morning again....

I cannot stand to hear my oil burner run at all....Ill work an hour getting the owb going if needed to not hear it run.I hate the sound of burning money.....shame on you for not building a fire,what a waste of propane.....lol

Turned on the furnace tonight. It's 52 outside and I don't feel like building a fire to fend off the coolness.

Ian

===

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Let the fire go out, figured we'd get by on the heap pump...Lasted 2 days, couldn't stand to here the heat pump run...fired back up again...still burning...

It woke me up at 2am running, so I got up and turned it back off. I suppose I'll split some stuff down small and have a fire when I get back this evening.

Ian

Just ain't the same when that cold blast of air comes out of the oil/gas furnace! LOL! My OWB will be simmering for a few more months as usual.

It was in the 50's yesterday and is supposed to be like that all week here during the day - but last night it dropped to 33 degrees.

I will keep burning until I can open the windows - I got a batch of Cedar in the aisle of the woodshed that works pretty well when burning in this warm weather. It smells real good when you are outside working and happen to be downwind.

Back