buying a 3120 or a 880, Which one ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3120 or 880 or both ??

• Total voters
Widow, look at purchasing a new ported one from the States.

You will void warranty of course and check with customs as to what you owe for the import, but you should still be way ahead if the price is right from the States.

Plenty of Aussies here have imported stock and ported saws from the US to here successfully.

Can someone give an off the shelf price on one of these?

Widow, look at purchasing a new ported one from the States.

You will void warranty of course and check with customs as to what you owe for the import, but you should still be way ahead if the price is right from the States.

Plenty of Aussies here have imported stock and ported saws from the US to here successfully.

Can someone give an off the shelf price on one of these?

Al, your pm's are full.

You can get a new 3120xp PHO for $1399 US dollars plus shipping from Summit Power Tools located in Prince George, B.C. Canada. They'll also port it for $250 US. The shipping to the States is $80 US. I don't know what it would be to Oz.

Summit Power Tools

You can get a new 3120xp PHO for $1399 US dollars plus shipping from Summit Power Tools located in Prince George, B.C. Canada. They'll also port it for $250 US. The shipping to the States is $80 US. I don't know what it would be to Oz.

Summit Power Tools

That is a good deal if they do a reasonable port job on it and our dollar is approx 3 cents better atm.

For me it would depend on how long a bar you were going to use. If your staying 42" or less then the 12,500 rpm of the 880 would be of benefit. In fact you may want to have it ported and the unlimited coil installed, like I did. But I limit the saw to a 36" bar. If your going to go with a 60" bar then I'd rather have the 9,800 rpm of the 3120. 11&1/2 (60"bar) foot of chain whipping around at 12,500 is just scary. I've read that the 3120 is supposed weaker bottom end, but that may have been on the older units.

Would be even better if you did the port job Al :smile2:

Would be better done by someone who knows what they are doing Andrew! :)

But really the fixed main is an issue. I have jet reamers but it's not something I would be happy to play with on someone's new saw.

Or buy a used adjustable carby. Mild work, muffler and some compression increase would make a nice saw of one of these.

I seriously doubt you have a 3120 turning 14,500, let alone 16K.

16K free revved would turn a 3120 crankshaft and connecting rod into shrapnel.

I seriously doubt my piped gas race 3120 would turn 14.5K, for long before it grenaded the bottom end.

100_0721.jpg

Summit Power Tools
looks reasonable! will have to look into postage to Aus tho ...that might kill it ?? + ill have to buy bar & chain ,that will put the price close to what ill be paying in OZ ..usually like to pay cash these days. and do the Mods my self, I can only blame myself for F-ups then. but thanks for looking mate !!!!

I think a good price for an 880 with 36'' bar in Ozz would be about $2300.
$2300 sounds better than $2500 that the local quoted me ,only came with a 25" bar to! wish they didn't have them bloody flippy flappy caps tho ...

Great info guys!

All other things being equal, those flippy caps are a deal killer.

any one in Aus own a new 3120 and/or Know what the limited coil is limited to? and what size H jet is in a stock Aussie spec 3120 ...Ive herd the 3120 in the states (stock form) is even more chocked up and limited? cheers guys

Re importing a Husky from Canada...seems to me several blokes who live in Canada have posted that Husqvarna is overpriced in Canada, but WTFDIK?.

I talke'd with a local tree service owner toady. He was doing a removal for the road dept. And you know saw talk alway's come's up. He told me he was dissapointed in the 880's they have. He just bought a 3120. He said they are dissapointed in the 660's too. I aske'd if the ever put a dual port muffler on, or re-tuned the carb's he said no. Told him it would be a good start. Great guy known him awhile, and a bigger tree service locally. As we do they get into alot of large Eaucalptus.

going with the 3120... pick it up this week. ordering it with a 42" bar. $2100 ..already have a 36" 24" 20" bar from my other husky's to slip on it. I did consider the 880, but getting a 090av in the new year anyways! cheers.. ::thumbsup:: thaks for the help boys

Latest posts

Back