BWalkerized 372 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the muffler off one of my 372's that i recently modded. I had a spare, but smashed 372 muffler so I cut the exhaust deflector off it and added it to a stock 372 muffler. The hole size for the second outlet is 3/4 which is roughly the same size as the stock outlet. With this setup I can run exhuast screens(I dont) and it picked up quit a bit of performance. It's in fact is extremely close powerwise with a ported 372 that I had and has a wider powerband.

Looks very nice like that, very professional, neat and well put together. I just dremelize the muffler if I cant get the parts.

Bwalker,

That is a nice looking mod :cool:

I have been kicking around modding a muffler on a 372, and I think I am going to try something similar to what you have done here...

That looks pretty nice Ben;

Here is another style that I took from a method that Ken Dunn uses. If you want it quiet again slip a piece of sheet metal in place of the screen.

nice mod there crofter. I guess the placement of the modded hole doesn't make too much of a difference....or does it? The one you have pictured seems to give the exhaust a straight shot out.

I have my 365 muffler sitting here in front of me wondering how i was gonna enlarge the existing hole...but now after seeing that I think I will go that route (straight shot). Crofter, have you run them both ways?? i.e. what you have pictured in comarison to say a walkerized one with the holes out towards the top?

The modification I did involves no welding. I did pein the edge of the hole into a flange, but I have seen them without. I like the idea of being able to reverse it quite quickly. No one wants to be working anywhere close without hearing proctection. They are loud.

The reason I did mine the way I did was A. I dont like the through bracket mod because it directs exhaust and sound back at the user when the saw is in the cut B. I dont use screens and a open hole placed that low is asking for trouble.
I do have a walkerized style muffler and it doesnt offer any performance over my design and has a higher percieved sound.
George, No I am not going to start building hotsaws. If you want a muffler done up this way send me the parts and $8+ shipping cost. I have to pay for the welding hence the 8 dollars.
FWIW I dont think the straight shot offers any advantage. The muffler volume on the 372's muffler is quite large and unrestrictive. Besides the exhaust port come sout higher than the bracket so its not really a straight shot.

Last edited:
Muffler Mod.

Hello and G'day to all. Here are a couple pics of the muffler mod I did to my brother's 372XP. As was stated, you can remove the screen and plug the hole to quiet her down. He says he didn't notice that much more noise from the saw, but a gain in the way it revs up and more high end torque in the cut. He's happy with the mod. It was more trouble to adjust the carb, had to get those darn plastic caps off. OK talk later. Lewis.

I tend to like Ben's mod - I believe it can be quieted up pretty easy with a piece of sheet metal, it looks stock, and I feel it will be quieter in operation than having the opening in the mounting bracket...

Back