Caber Piston Rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that piston is fried Gary. Replace it ASAP.

LOL... :rolleyes:

I'm all about saving Cash, but if he has it apart, and it's marginal, now is the time....

it may run, if it's outta tolerance, but at what cost of performance...:confused:

or, I could say,

Piston looks good Gary, RUN 'ER!!! :dizzy:

it's Gary's call.

you have more than one school of thought in this town.

Oh, I agree. And Gary's a big boy he'll do whatever the F he wants anyways.

Heck, I've bought new pistons for my saws when guys here said run the one I had based on pics. The logic that a whole piston assembly is only 20 bucks more so "might as well" is the advice I follow for myself. On the other hand, it would run just fine. I think it was Andy that said piston slop from a worn slug is much more critical in smaller bores. The larger the saw the less important it becomes. Although, I certainly agree it does matter.

Oh, I agree. And Gary's a big boy he'll do whatever the F he wants anyways.

true.....or he might cut it up with a big-mac :D

Heck, I've bought new pistons for my saws when guys here said run the one I had based on pics. The logic that a whole piston assembly is only 20 bucks more so "might as well" is the advice I follow for myself. On the other hand, it would run just fine. I think it was Andy that said piston slop from a worn slug is much more critical in smaller bores. The larger the saw the less important it becomes. Although, I certainly agree it does matter.

Well, you know about opinions... they're like --------, everyone has one...

I would think Andy would be right, in a sense. .10mm is MUCH more of a difference in a 40mm bore, vs a 60mm bore.

OTOH, piston SLOP is not good, no matter what.

Some people on here have said if you put the slug in the jug (turn upside down), and then the plug in the jug (LOL...say that 10 times fast :) ) tighten and turn right-side up, it should take 10 min for the piston to come down :dizzy: if not, something is not correct....

J

Last edited:
Anybody ever use the piston rings made by Caber? I'm eyeballin' some for my 028 Super re-ring.

Coments/throughts/critisisms?

Gary

Try the search function noob.

Trust me...it would have been funny 2 days ago.

Latest posts

Back