CAD!!! Dolmar 7900- $350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadeye308

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
dolmar 1 resize.JPG (80.5 KBdolmar 2 resize.JPG (77.7 KBdolmar 3 resize.JPG (85.4 KBdolmar 4 resize.JPG (91.9 KB

I was at the the chainsaw shop today ( where i just bought a ms 440 and a ms 260 about a month ago) to get some chains. I asked if they had any used 7900's around, and this is what they came out with. The guy selling the saw, it was on consignment, bought it at the shop in march 2010. He has always ran stihl and wanted to try something diffrent. Well i guess he likes stihl more because he wanted to sell this to get another 460. He put the hd airfilter on it around october. He said nothing was wrong with it, just didn't like it i guess. I think i did alright, but my wife is not the happiest with me right at the moment. So i think this will be my last saw purchase for awhile, atleast i hope:confusedn: What do you guys think?

Just picked one up myself, brand new though for $650 + tax with a 20" bar and chain muhahahaha! Haven't been able to cut anything because we keep gettin friggin snow!

She's a beast letting her run tho!

congrats to both you boys......7900's are very nice....some people still prefer 460's and they are entitled, but 7900's are lighter, cheaper, and stronger!!!

OP, i can't see your pics, only red X's.....if the saw is in good condition, as it should be if it is nearly new, with the HD filter set-up, you did fine!!!!

enjoy them.....i like mine with a 24" bar.

She'll get over it

Wow, for only $350 it was impossible to pass on this saw. You got a screaming deal on a great saw and it'll cut plenty of wood to help warm the house and defrost your wife's icy glares. Tell her you're only looking out for her warmth and welfare.

Enjoy,

Olyeller

That was a steal on that saw. Take her out to eat! If she doesnt get over it by then, buy another one hahaha.

Sorry about the pics, i figured out how to post them and then they changed the site, now i can't get them to show up right on the post. But you can see them now right?

I figured i was askin for trouble when i asked to see if they had any used 7900's then when they brought it out, the way it looked,condition, and the price i couldn't pass. Your right she'll get over it sooner or later. Keeps here warm and makes alittle spending money, so she can't be tooo mad.

I asked them about the stihl bar also, but it was already answered in post above. I kinda like being able to run stihl bars.

I ment to say something about the dawgs. I asked them about that also, the dealer said the owner does not like them? On any of his felling saws! He said the guy says they get pinched too easy? i guess when the tree starts to fall he can't get the bar out soon enough. I don't know seems weird to me, but he said he does that as soon as he buys a saw, that way on his stihls also. Said there is another logger around that does the same thing, anyone ever heard of this? That is one main thing i was alittle concerned about. The dealer said he could order the "stock" ones, but i told him i'd hold off. I personally don't care for the ones that come on them stock( just the looks of them), does anyone know if they make aftermarket ones? Saw a set on ebay but they look like the big west coast big bark dawgs i don't need anything that big, just a nice double set.

Latest posts

Back