Cad Strikes Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well there i was sippin my 2nd vodka drink after a long day ,and lookin at saws on ebay .
there it was , the saw of my dreams ,a totally neglected and abused homelite c51 completely covered in slime ,no spark but it feels like its got compression

i just hope it was worth the 11 bucks i paid for it .anyone on here got a bar that fits it or any parts to resurrect the fine piece of history or should i use a road flare to ignite the magnesium for a warm colorfull fire

Hopefully they don't try to get you for some outrageous shipping cost, like $11 for the saw and then $140 shipping. I'm going through that right now on a Dayton parts saw. $10 for the saw and $61 shipping. :dizzy:

Only two drinks and you confirmed your bid -- who is your bartender? Usually takes me four and a few more before I tell my other half to keep an eye out for another package.

Congrats on the new family member!

shipping was 16 and dont ever tell the wife about guns or saws or how many drinks i had

Trust me, she's a wife, she already knows. That innocent unknowing front is just a ruse. It's her ammunition for the future, if ever needed.

Get me a list of parts you need if you need a parts list i have that also i may have the bar you need if it is the same as a C-72 ? mount i have a nos oregon bar that is hard nosed let me know but get that list of parts it needs

calvin

pm me your email if you dont have a parts diagram already for the saw

Last edited:
cool , thanks .i got to clean it up first and clean up the points ,pour some gas in and see where it pisses out .
i'm only going to use it to pick up hot chics with (have you ever been to Maniwaki canada)

congrats, any pics...hard to part with the c-72 i have on fleabay right now,but i need to fund newer saw purchases.:dizzy:

Those are great saws, everyone needs an ancient homelite. It puts a whole new light on the newer models. I bet you'll find some spark in there.

I usually can get away with whim purchases by buying for my wife on a whim. Like this time 'round for example, ended up in New Zealand for a week and picked up a couple of merino-possum sweaters for her - $400 but she will love them, and I have nearly as much pleasure watching her unpack something she likes as I have unpacking a new saw or pistol. And she just told me on the phone that my new-to-me Stihl 026 just arrived at my workplace by Fedex, she will pick it up for me tomorrow :greenchainsaw:

Unless you want a hard nose the bar will cost you more than the saw. The F014 bars are tough to get anymore.

Bill

Latest posts

Back