Stihlership 026 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I was wrong about this dealer. I went back today and we made friends, the 026's story is:

A man was a greenskeeper for the city of Longmont, CO. They promoted him to head of maintenance but he has no mechanical knowledge. He tried to repair the City's 026 and couldn't get it to run so he brought it to the dealer and the dealer said he wasn't going to repair the saw, so the dude traded it in.

The saw cuts fine, the chain needs more work. I took down a 12" DBH and bucked it with the 026, I need to richen it up a tad.

Here's today's haul:
20140317_123948_zps8go3ryzx.jpg

A straight gassed MS290 posed with the Good NWP Bailey's 390 Jug and borderline NWP piston that I have had laying around for a year. I'll install a Hyway 390 piston and sell it as I don't like anything about the NWP piston. The MS290 is new, the 16" bar has all it's paint.

The other small basket case is a tree crushed MS200t. Perfect piston, cylinder, clutch, oiler, carburetor and not much else. This one basket case should pay for everything.

Here's the case for the 026

20140317_124722_zpszpw7wxjc.jpg

Latest posts

Back