CAD to a new level!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
OOOOO looky what I got today!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I expect raft of stunning engineering pieces by next week !!
It looks like new, whoever Paul was he deserves a pat on the back for looking after it so well.

Nice addition, I can envision all kinds of drum & sprocket jobs that will now be possible.

In fact, I may send some of my old drums to be fitted with splines to make them a bit more modern...

Be sure to show us some of the handiwork when you start cranking it out.

Mark

Been to several school surplus auctions that had some big 3 phase metal lathes. Would need a big forklift to move them plus a 2 yard concrete base to support it. Good luck with your new tool.

Will- looks like I'll be sending all my machine work your way now... :)

Sure, once I get it setup for doing saw work.

Thanks everybody though, ya I'm very excited about it. Yes I've been wanting one for years now, just never found the right one for a good price, this came up and well, you know the rest.

Its and old Hercus lathe built in Australia copy of a Southbend. The guy I got it from just finished restoring it!!

I need to get a tool post and some tooling, have nothing yet for it. Then have to make a faceplate for doing pistons, and some plugs for doing cylinders. So many things to do, so little time.

be cranking out fast saws in no time!! Well maybe once I get my bathroom done!!!!! grrrrrrr

Nice!

Better get on that bathroom! Keep us posted With pictures.

Nice addition, I can envision all kinds of drum & sprocket jobs that will now be possible.

In fact, I may send some of my old drums to be fitted with splines to make them a bit more modern...

Be sure to show us some of the handiwork when you start cranking it out.

Mark

What would you need done on a lathe for your drums and sprokets?

Nice!

Better get on that bathroom! Keep us posted With pictures.

Yup, hopefully I can get to it soon. I need to learn or find plans to make a plate for turning pistons. Fatguy said he'd help out with what he can. I need to visualize though, need plans, hard for me to read something and then make it.

Yup, hopefully I can get to it soon. I need to learn or find plans to make a plate for turning pistons. Fatguy said he'd help out with what he can. I need to visualize though, need plans, hard for me to read something and then make it.

I can but it might not be accurate... :dizzy:

:cheers:

Nice looking lathe!!! Looks solid and really well restored.

If it were me, I'd buy an Aloris in the BXA size for doing chainsaw work. Enco has good prices on package deals with multiple tool holder styles.

Might want to think about a 4 jaw chuck too. Really much better for doing precision work.

Nice looking lathe!!! Looks solid and really well restored.

If it were me, I'd buy an Aloris in the BXA size for doing chainsaw work. Enco has good prices on package deals with multiple tool holder styles.

Might want to think about a 4 jaw chuck too. Really much better for doing precision work.

Thanks. Ya I was thinking of picking up a 4Jaw. So the BXA you think would be good. I was thinking of getting an AXA? What the diff.

Thanks

Back