Calling all 372 owners...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no, the 75cc chainsaw engine has the same or near to the same port timing as the 70.7cc 372...I've been through a few brand new ones. They do however, have the rev-limiting ignition.

I now have 4 Husky non-rev coils. I gave up on the aftermarket junk. Funny how you learn. Gave up on the BBs, USA handlebars, coils and whatnot. OEM or nothing. The quality is now obvious.

JJ and Jasha - what years came with the rev limiting coil? Anyway to tell coils apart visually? I have an '05 71cc version. Thanks, Josh

I've never run a bone stock 660, but the best woods modded 372 I've had would cut with my dual port 066 in wood under 28 inches or so...if not beat it...doubt if that would hold true if both had 28 inch bars on them..

I've been told that the stock porting on the 75 cc 372 is different, as it is made for cut off saws......so its no faster than the 70.7 cc model...

Woods ported by a good builder, and it will be faster.

I am pretty sure the changed the porting on the 75cc jug, before putting it into a chainsaw - it was not a back-yard operation........:cheers:

Last edited:
371bb

I just put a 372 BB kit in my buddy's 371. It was blowed sky high when I got it.....it was toast. The dealer wanted $800.00 to rebuild it. I told him....hey just give it to me I can rebuild it for half the price. So I got the BB kit and put in it...and I left the base gasket out and checked the squish before I put it together.....and it was at .024 all four corners....so I left it go at that. After I put the saw back together and tuned it up...and put it through it's first heat cycle....I let it cool and ported the muffler. And I'm tellin' ya...that saw WILL out run a stock 385 with a 20" bar.....it's got he11ish torque......and it doesn't even have the rings even close to seated yet. It only has about a tank of gas through it....I have it set at 13,000 right now....she's gonna break in real nice and easy, lol....then it's gonna go to 13,800....lol:greenchainsaw: :clap: :cheers:

i can't compare my 372xpw to any of the newer ones because i have never ran one. but my 372 made in 1999 will pull a 32 inch bar though hardwood no problem. I mainly use the 20inch bar but the 32 inch bar does quite well. After hanging around here for the past month i will soon be able to pull the 32 inch bar a little better. :)

here is some big maple we cut last week. about 36 inches

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

All I got to say is. Between my 372XPW and my buddies stock 372XP. I really can't tell no difference. I like mine better because of the full wrap and full dog set. Both are good preforming saws though. :cheers:

i can't compare my 372xpw to any of the newer ones because i have never ran one. but my 372 made in 1999 will pull a 32 inch bar though hardwood no problem. I mainly use the 20inch bar but the 32 inch bar does quite well. After hanging around here for the past month i will soon be able to pull the 32 inch bar a little better. :)

here is some big maple we cut last week. about 36 inches

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Wow nice pics. Are u sure that's a maple? it looks more like tulip poplar or Ash to me.

Last edited:
Wow nice pics. Are u sure that's a maple? it looks more like tulip poplar or Ash to me.

pretty sure, although i am no expect by any means. I never seen the tree standing but it was identical to the 3 standing next to it and they were maple.

Yep, would have to agree. My 371BB muff. mod. and still wearing the base gasket out run my muff. mod. 385.

Al.

Yep...but my 385 is far from stock...lol IMO....the 371 has the rpms on the 385...but if you would slap a 24" on her I bet the tables would turn real quick....:greenchainsaw:

norway maple

pretty sure, although i am no expect by any means. I never seen the tree standing but it was identical to the 3 standing next to it and they were maple.

Prolly, norway maple...bark looks identical to ash....:greenchainsaw:

After market stuff the poster saying they were junk.
I agree on some stuff the quality lacks I got a coil bad
was sent another that worked about an hour and then bad!
I put a good used one on and been going ever since but
my bb kit seems to be cutting the mustard have you had
issues with them? I guess it is no big deal if it goes bad
I still have a very good original piston and cylinder and
could just swap it but I like the added power of the extra
displacement.

After market stuff the poster saying they were junk.
I agree on some stuff the quality lacks I got a coil bad
was sent another that worked about an hour and then bad!
I put a good used one on and been going ever since but
my bb kit seems to be cutting the mustard have you had
issues with them? I guess it is no big deal if it goes bad
I still have a very good original piston and cylinder and
could just swap it but I like the added power of the extra
displacement.

I've got some big bore kits that are holding up well, even after a couple of years worth of use. I've been happy with them.

Latest posts

Back