Can barely pull starter rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Barely pull starter rope."
---------------------
I ran into this recently with a Husqvarna 2100 with about 100 cc. No decomp valve of course. I installed a new ignition coil. The old one was shot and no spark was being supplied. But, test starting the engine was impossible for me because it still had phenomenal compression. The owner arrived with his son who was 76" tall and weighed in at 260 lb. He drop started the saw and the engine ran flawlessly with the new coil. Gasp!

I guess there are also some rather strong men in Sweden. One of them fought Rocky Balboa about 30 years ago (Dolph Lundgren). Perhaps Husqvarna designed that engine for him to pull start. :rolleyes:

"Barely pull starter rope."
---------------------
I ran into this recently with a Husqvarna 2100 with about 100 cc. No decomp valve of course. I installed a new ignition coil. The old one was shot and no spark was being supplied. But, test starting the engine was impossible for me because it still had phenomenal compression. The owner arrived with his son who was 76" tall and weighed in at 260 lb. He drop started the saw and the engine ran flawlessly with the new coil. Gasp!

I guess there are also some rather strong men in Sweden. One of them fought Rocky Balboa about 30 years ago (Dolph Lundgren). Perhaps Husqvarna designed that engine for him to pull start. :rolleyes:

I bought the 2101XP in my avatar off eBay for $300 as being locked up.
I took the plug out and squirted some mix in. Pulled it a few times to get it slicked up, put the plug back in and fired right up.

My neighbor came by looking at it and I told him if he could start it he could have it. He pulled the rope maybe 6 inches.

There is a technique or maybe mindset to starting those saws.

Of course, pulling a rope on some piece of equipment 100 times or more some days makes a difference I guess.

My ms250 had a bunch of fuel in the crank case so I turned it upside down with the sparkplug out overnight and drained it. It turned over easier but by no means easy. I finally got it started and ran it for a few minutes and shut it off; tried to start it the next day and it wouldn't start.

Latest posts

Back