Can I get a price check. Firewood ad.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got this craigslist ad near me and want to send an email over. I need 6 cords cut at 18-24in. I don't want to lowball this guy or stick my foot in my mouth. Thanks:popcorn:

Cherry, ash and maple. I have at least 10-15 cords in log form that i would like to sell. as of rite now they are in 10-15 foot lengths but i am willing to cut them down to 14-18 inch sizes for you. I am looking to sell as hole or by the truck load or however you like.. make me an offer

So, essentially the most processing you'd be getting is rounds cut to your specified length (not split and unseasoned). As a starting point, see if you can find the going rate for a cord of split, seasoned firewood in your area and go down from there.

Last edited:
So, essentially the most processing you'd be getting is rounds cut to your specified length (not split and unseasoned). As a starting point, see if you can find the going rate for a cord of split, seasoned firewood in your area and go down from there.

:agree2: +1

Each area has its own price. What is is worth to you depends to on if you can resonably split it. IMO if you have to split it all w/a wedge, what he is selling you isnt worth anything. If you have a quick splitter, and you can make it into usable firewood quickly, then it might be worth a bit more.

Latest posts

Back