Can they improve 372xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Each day we come closer to the arrival of a replacement for the legendary 372. I honestly don't think they can improve on it as far as a saw used for work. How do you think they can improve other than more power?

I'd be surprised if it were lighter, or even the same weight. Maybe a more overall compact unit. I imagine it'll have a 3/4 wrap available, retained bar nuts and I'd like to see an option for larger side cover :). Maybe that'd be a west coast version. Skid plate under the oil tank even..

Lighter
More power so's it'll keep up with a Creamsickle..........
Better sideways balance.
And a more advanced anti suck-back prevention system..........

Oh yeah and a little splash of white paint here and there.............

Each day we come closer to the arrival of a replacement for the legendary 372. I honestly don't think they can improve on it as far as a saw used for work. How do you think they can improve other than more power?

Which 372 are you referring to? There were three of them: the 372xp, the 372xpw, or the 372xp x-torq? Word was that the 575/6 was supposed to replace it, but that was a flop. So another newer 500 series saw is in the works to replace it. Autotune, smoother, some prototypes being tested now in the EU.

372 is probably the best husky has offered. A little stronger bottom end and a 75-77 cc top end with a 3/4 wrap instead full. No HO oiler just make the standard one oil a 34" bar easily.

I dont know if Id go that far. If it came down to it- Id sell my 2171 before I'd sell my 288.

DISCLAIMER: NO- I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING AT THIS TIME.

I dont know if Id go that far. If it came down to it- Id sell my 2171 before I'd sell my 288.

DISCLAIMER: NO- I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING AT THIS TIME.

The 288 is a good one. I've probably got a few more parts and. Muffler mod and that one is ready to be sold.

They need to get this 562 "ironed out" and 100% right before they go jerking 372s off the shelf. I think they need to introduce the replacement while still having 372s avail. If it turns out to be a bust and is the only option for 70cc class- it will leave Husq hurtin.

The only reason I would get a 562 is for the 3/4 wrap. I much prefer it over the full wrap on the other huskies.

The only reason I would get a 562 is for the 3/4 wrap. I much prefer it over the full wrap on the other huskies.
I love my 562XPW.

2013-08-01_17-02-21_112_zps8cf7153d.jpg

Latest posts

Back