can you post your 044-460 pics here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i like these saws and thought it would be cool to get a bunch of pics of them all in one place
dirty
attachment.php

clean
attachment.php

tear down
attachment.php

sorry the 084 keeps tagn along

it would be cool to see everyone elses

thanks
Evan

thank you guys for posting.

sawduster is that a hole drilled in the 440 handle

blsnelling

does the 440 have baileys big air kit or is that just how they are

A couple....one with the 361 tag along.

I love the 460! Like having a lightsaber for wood!

3-29-09131.jpg

3-24-09003.jpg

4-5-09120.jpg

clutch25
thank you for posting, very good lookin saws you have

blsnelling
cool.

id sale you my 044 but i kinda like it and i want to get it running to see how i like it, if i dont like it or its not all i think it could be i might sale it and the 084 to fund either a new 460 or 372xpw

Last edited:
clutch25
thank you for posting, very good lookin saws you have

blsnelling
cool.

id sale you my 044 but i kinda like it and i want to get it running to see how i like it, if i dont like it or its not all i think it could be i might sale it and the 084 to fund either a new 460 or 372xpw

That 084 will likely fund a new 460 by itself if it's a good runner in good shape.

This one was totally rebuilt with parts from FHCW and EKKA. Like an idiot, I sold it, and still kick myself for that. Small pin saw, new P/C, new A/V, fuel line/filter, and I only had $235 or so into it. Shortsightedly, I let it go for $575. Hopefully I can trade off my 075 for another 044 at some point...

International_044_1.jpg

International_044_2.jpg

thats for all the pics everyone

blsnelling
i dont have bar n chain on it so i dont know what itl do under load. but it does seem to run pretty good, starts withn 3 pulls when its cold after warm it starts on the first pull. im torn i realy dont have use for it but i want to tokeep it to, dang CAD

blsnelling
i dont have bar n chain on it so i dont know what itl do under load. but it does seem to run pretty good, starts withn 3 pulls when its cold after warm it starts on the first pull. im torn i realy dont have use for it but i want to tokeep it to, dang CAD

I'll tell you that they are not at all impressive stock unless you're pulling a really long bar. They're slower than most any other pro saw due to the lower RPM of the larger engine, 12,000 RPMs. Of coarse once modded, it's a whole different animal. You've got the RPMs as well as the torque to pull a larger sprocket. If you're not modding it or pulling a really long bar, you'll be disappointed with it and might as well sell it, IMHO. Honestly, I'd much rather run a MS460, other than the wow factor.

Here's mine, it was my 1'st saw (before I found AS and CAD) At any rate the 046 has been a great saw, now its my small saw :jawdrop:
StihlSaws004.jpg

The 066 and the 880 are just tagin along for the pic. Although I do use the 066 90% of the time.

Question about the plastics

I've often wondered; Can that frosty plastic be wet sanded back to gloss?
-br
btw Welcome back Evan; the guys have been wondering where you were. :cheers:
[/I]
attachment.php

boltonranger.

i havent gone anywhere just got grounded for a day or so so i sat in the corner for awhile, almost unoticable though it did drive me crazy not being able to get on.

ther frosty plastic is getn oranger. ive been wet sanding it with still wool lots and lots of elbow greese

the 084 is even frostier but its turning orange to its actualy a cleaner saw then the 044

attachment.php

i wish i could afford new covers. can you belive i got in trouble for buyn these two saws for 80 bucks wife found the reciept

Brad is wrong the color is there look on the under side the faded has to be sanded out in steps its lots of work and takes a ton of time ive got about an hour worth of sanding with 0 still wool then 0000 the 0000 gets the scratches out of the 0.

Evan, he asked if the shine could be brought back. I don't think you'll ever get the shine back. Of course the color's there. It's much easier to just degrease it, remove the nicks and scrapes and coat it with several coats of clear. It will look great and seems to hold up well. BTW, wet-sanding would be much easier than using steel wool.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back