can you post your 044-460 pics here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i thought about getn some 200-800 sand paper but i have steel wool in the garage.

i think the shine will come back.

i think clear coting will look weird specialy on realy faded saw where the surface of the plastic has goten rough almost like the sun has opend up the pores of the plasit. but maybe the clear coat would stick and hold well on rough surface

heres the 084 it needs lots more elbow grease to be good and orange again but it looks much beter than when i picked it up
attachment.php

i think clear coting will look weird specialy on realy faded saw where the surface of the plastic has goten rough almost like the sun has opend up the pores of the plasit. but maybe the clear coat would stick and hold well on rough surface

Try it. You'll be surprised and save yourself a lot of work with inferior results. Remember the 029 Super I just did? It had about the worst plastic I've seen.

This is the same air filter cover. Cleaned, degreased, and clear-coated with Rustoleum Crytal Clear. It will take several coats to get smooth. Also, the engine shroud was replaced and is not cleared. It looks fine next to it.
497953892_eHHst-M.jpg

497463202_bkJHP-M.jpg

Hey nice job!
Yes, some women refuse to see the benefit in chainsaw repair and resto.
For example:
- Keeps you out of their hair.
- Ensures warm hearth in winter.
- Keeps the noise outside.
- Much less expensive than top fuel racing or space exploration.
:cheers:
-br

boltonranger.

i havent gone anywhere just got grounded for a day or so so i sat in the corner for awhile, almost unoticable though it did drive me crazy not being able to get on.

ther frosty plastic is getn oranger. ive been wet sanding it with still wool lots and lots of elbow greese

the 084 is even frostier but its turning orange to its actualy a cleaner saw then the 044

attachment.php

i wish i could afford new covers. can you belive i got in trouble for buyn these two saws for 80 bucks wife found the reciept

Brad is wrong the color is there look on the under side the faded has to be sanded out in steps its lots of work and takes a ton of time ive got about an hour worth of sanding with 0 still wool then 0000 the 0000 gets the scratches out of the 0.

mines missing the filter and cover so i was thinkn about getn the baileys big air cover and filters since i have to get both anyways.

anyone have a pic of the cover mounted on the saw.

I understand that they filter well, but boy are they UGLY!

anyone have a picture of one installed? i dont think theres one in this thread yet. if got a buddy trying to make an 044 out of a box of parts. im trying to build a 372 out of a box of parts. definately getting out of hand fast. he would like to know what the saw would look like with the fancy filter and shroud on it.

i think im going to stick with the stock filter set up.

and holy cow thats alot of saws

can that 084 pull all 20 inches of that bar??? or does it have to run .325? :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey now..... all 21 inches thank you, don't make it any shorter than it already is. :laugh:

I'll have to get some pics of it with the 48 incher on it so you can see what it looks like when it gets excited. :D

:greenchainsaw:

Hey now..... all 21 inches thank you, don't make it any shorter than it already is. :laugh:

I'll have to get some pics of it with the 48 incher on it so you can see what it looks like when it gets excited. :D

:greenchainsaw:

I was subtracting an inch for the dawgs :hmm3grin2orange:

brownie525

brownie525

brownie525

heres a few of mine and a couple of the big oak it cut. Its got big dual doggies and 28" bar. Hopefully next week i can get a dp cover and a tach :chainsaw:

Back