Can you say....HUSQVARNA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
First, a comedy bit from Robin Williams - circa 1979, "Why can't you say the damn word?"

I run into countless people at my job in retail that ask for "Huska Varna" saws/trimmers/ chains, etc. Even one of my otherwise intelligent co-workers say it that way. What gives? Where does that extra 'ah' in the middle come from?

Or am I wrong to pronounce it, "Husk var nuh"?

Sheesh!

Fire away :angry2:

We just say STIHL.

When I was a kid way back when fallowing motocross closely back before Bob Hanna even arived everyone I knew called them Huskavarnas its always stuck for me. I also live in War shington.

We just say STIHL.

When I was a kid way back when fallowing motocross closely back before Bob Hanna even arived everyone I knew called them Huskavarnas its always stuck for me. I also live in War shington.

Thats how I say it. Huska-varna. Usaully Husky.

Thats how I say it. Huska-varna. Usaully Husky.

See that’s another one. Husky or Husqy?

I always shorten it to Husqy, that’s the way it was back when I was a kid.
Now I just gave up unless in print, because my garden tractor is also a Husqy. If Im looking for parts and just say husqy people think I’m referring to the tractor supply brand Huskee mowers.

Yea, I seem to pronounce it in several ways depending on . . . . . well, I don't know. Whatever feels right at the time.

Hus-kee
Husk-var-na
Huska-varna
but most commonly and most butchered, Hus-kwa-var-na

But, with a last name like mine, you hear it butchered quite regularly too. :laugh:

Last edited:
I pronounce it Husk- Varna

Look at the way its spelled

Husq (husk) Varna (varn-a)

Lots of people pronounce it Husk- Qwa Varn- a

But there is no U after the Q, so that is incorrect.

I can't speek good english, I talk American pretty good. I ain't about to tackle sweedish. Who cares how it's pronounced as long as you know what saw I'm talking about.

Andy

It´s not very hard ! "Huusqvarna"! in my book a piece of junk anyway!! up to the middle of the middle of the 80´s husky was a good saw!! after that..... i think it´s a bunch of rubbish exept the 346!! i think the 372 is way overrated!! i dont really understand all the hype about the 372!! rpm.....yes! but........... put it in a 20" tree....blooouuuuoooo!! me and my friend was rootcutting windfalls for a harvester after the storm "per" here in sweden! he was using a 372 and i was using a stihl 361w!! and i was cutting way moore trees than he was........is it me or the saw?? you tell me!! i tried his 372 many times, and it did not cut any faster than the 361 did!! it was 20" bar on both saws! he was using oregon Lp chain, and i was using stihl 36rsc chain!! i dont know.....maybe i am wrong?? hmmmmm!!! before this ...i was really interested to get a 372....just because all the good words it got here at the site and at a swedish site......but no thanks!! 262 and 254s was the last real huskys in my book!! maybe i am wrong!? what do you guy´s think? sorry all you husky guy´s.....but i was really expecting moore from the 372 after all the hype!!

It´s not very hard ! "Huusqvarna"! in my book a piece of junk anyway!! up to the middle of the middle of the 80´s husky was a good saw!! after that..... i think it´s a bunch of rubbish exept the 346!! i think the 372 is way overrated!! i dont really understand all the hype about the 372!! rpm.....yes! but........... put it in a 20" tree....blooouuuuoooo!! me and my friend was rootcutting windfalls for a harvester after the storm "per" here in sweden! he was using a 372 and i was using a stihl 361w!! and i was cutting way moore trees than he was........is it me or the saw?? you tell me!! i tried his 372 many times, and it did not cut any faster than the 361 did!! it was 20" bar on both saws! he was using oregon Lp chain, and i was using stihl 36rsc chain!! i dont know.....maybe i am wrong?? hmmmmm!!! before this ...i was really interested to get a 372....just because all the good words it got here at the site and at a swedish site......but no thanks!! 262 and 254s was the last real huskys in my book!! maybe i am wrong!? what do you guy´s think? sorry all you husky guy´s.....but i was really expecting moore from the 372 after all the hype!!
Something wrong with
that saw a 372 will blow a 361 out of the woods but that is a great saw
I will admit! That 372 must have been adjusted wrong is all I can say
as I can't come over seas to prove my point but my buddy bought a 361
and it does not cut as fast as either of my 372's!

Back