Can you say....HUSQVARNA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran 'em both, a better comparison would be between the 460 and the 372.

Ok going back to the husky or Husqy question.

I presented this question on a couple different sites.

Ok talking with Motorcycle people the majority say it’s Husqy.
Lawn mower people call them by the full name.
On here Husky is used more then the other, where does that “k” come from?

Now I was also looking on one of my chains and I think it says husqy, but my eyes could be wrong.

But like I asked where would that “k” come from?

As for the original, I know a lot of people say it like it Husk var na, but depending on the way they speak it some times comes out husk avar na

I pronounce it Husk- Varna

Look at the way its spelled

Husq (husk) Varna (varn-a)

Lots of people pronounce it Husk- Qwa Varn- a

But there is no U after the Q, so that is incorrect.

That is pretty close, but I believe Hus-Kvarna in even closer........:D

Why Say It At All?

Husqv...SSS...Husq...SSTT...Hus...SSTTI...Hu...SSTTIIHH...H....SSTTIIHHL...STIHL!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Husqv...SSS...Husq...SSTT...Hus...SSTTI...Hu...SSTTIIHH...H....SSTTIIHHL...STIHL!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Now you open up another can of worms. The hitch in all this comes from the fact that vowel pronunciation doesn't translate effectively into English. The "u" in Husqvarna is pronounced with more of an "oo" than "husk", but more "husk" than "hoosk". "husk" is the closest in English usage to proper pronunciation.

Same thing for Stihl. Stihl is often pronounced "steel", sometimes "still", but in German, the truth falls somewhere in the middle, being created more in the back of the throat vs more in the mouth. Kind of like an immediate transition from saying "steel" to "still" when you are half way through. Again, it's gets Englishified. Don't imagine they care too much either as long as you buy one.

Mark

I got a Resume from a guy last year who was a fully trained and experienced "Huskyvarna" technician. Needless to say I did not hire him because we don't work on Huskyvarnas.

Now you open up another can of worms. The hitch in all this comes from the fact that vowel pronunciation doesn't translate effectively into English. The "u" in Husqvarna is pronounced with more of an "oo" than "husk", but more "husk" than "hoosk". "husk" is the closest in English usage to proper pronunciation.

Same thing for Stihl. Stihl is often pronounced "steel", sometimes "still", but in German, the truth falls somewhere in the middle, being created more in the back of the throat vs more in the mouth. Kind of like an immediate transition from saying "steel" to "still" when you are half way through. Again, it's gets Englishified. Don't imagine they care too much either as long as you buy one.

Mark

Yeah....What he said! :rockn:

I got a Resume from a guy last year who was a fully trained and experienced "Huskyvarna" technician. Needless to say I did not hire him because we don't work on Huskyvarnas.

I think I've seen me them darn huskyvarnas all over the place...you might want to call him back and hire him! :chainsawguy:

I think I've seen me them darn huskyvarnas all over the place...you might want to call him back and hire him! :chainsawguy:

Yea, I was thinking myself, that it's a pretty poor reason to dismiss someone just for being a tech for a particular brand. Granted, if you got a Stihl certified tech and a Husky certified tech both applying for the same position at your Stihl business, of course you'd choose the Stihl guy. But if you're having trouble filling the position, it doesn't hurt to take a look at the guy. Who knows, he might be incredibly proficient mechanically, regardless of brand. Might have tossed aside a breadwinner for all you know.

Yea, I was thinking myself, that it's a pretty poor reason to dismiss someone just for being a tech for a particular brand. Granted, if you got a Stihl certified tech and a Husky certified tech both applying for the same position at your Stihl business, of course you'd choose the Stihl guy. But if you're having trouble filling the position, it doesn't hurt to take a look at the guy. Who knows, he might be incredibly proficient mechanically, regardless of brand. Might have tossed aside a breadwinner for all you know.

+1.
Why should a Stihl technician be a better technician than a Husky one per definition, or vice versa ? That's plain biased thinking.:(

If a guy is capable of passing factory certifications than I would hope that he would be capable of spelling the company's name correctly on his resume! Call me old fashioned but I see a detail like this overlooked on a resume and I can,t help to wonder what details would not be important on a customers machine.

If a guy is capable of passing factory certifications than I would hope that he would be capable of spelling the company's name correctly on his resume! Call me old fashioned but I see a detail like this overlooked on a resume and I can,t help to wonder what details would not be important on a customers machine.

OH! I thought you were just putting a twist on the word. I didn't realize that was actually how he spelled it out. :ices_rofl:

Yea, that definitely doesn't look so good on a resume, but I've also met some really good wrenches who don't do so well at spelling/grammer.

Yea, that definitely doesn't look so good on a resume, but I've also met some really good wrenches who don't do so well at spelling/grammer.

Absolutely!!! I am sure that my most senior technician is dyslexic. We laugh at his spelling and grammar on work orders all of the time. Interestingly enough he was the one to first read this guys resume and point out the fact the even he could spell Husqvarna.

Latest posts

Back