Can you say....HUSQVARNA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of you can pronounce Stihl correctly, so this discussion is kind of
pointless..................................................................

The shop I worked at last winter went to great lengths to "build" a shop
for the pics to qualify for the Stihl tech standing, some of the tools were
borrowed. Of course no actual work was done in that shop, and the guys that actually work on the Stihls were not sent to the schools, so in a way
that school craap is just that. I rarely got sent to schools, they did not
let me stop working long enough. I always enjoyed them, for what they
were worth.

Yea, I seem to pronounce it in several ways depending on . . . . . well, I don't know. Whatever feels right at the time.

Hus-kee
Husk-var-na
Huska-varna
but most commonly and most butchered, Hus-kwa-var-na

But, with a last name like mine, you hear it butchered quite regularly too. :laugh:

Reed nower. Close enough?

Yea, I was thinking myself, that it's a pretty poor reason to dismiss someone just for being a tech for a particular brand. Granted, if you got a Stihl certified tech and a Husky certified tech both applying for the same position at your Stihl business, of course you'd choose the Stihl guy. But if you're having trouble filling the position, it doesn't hurt to take a look at the guy. Who knows, he might be incredibly proficient mechanically, regardless of brand. Might have tossed aside a breadwinner for all you know.

Wow RR, I can't believe I am agreeing with you..:cheers:

Jonsered

Not to open another can of worms, but what about Jonsered? Most people say John-ser-ed. I think in sweden the J is more like a Y. And most old timers around here say Jones-E-Red. That's how I always said it and I was fine until old Pete Pierson went out of business. The next place I went laughed at me. So that :censored: lost a junky!!!!:)

This has been fun so far so I'll add this....This guy comes in the farm store I work at and asks me for trimmer string for his "Style" trimmer. As far as I can tell he has a Stihl but just doesn't know it!

:jawdrop:

This has been fun so far so I'll add this....This guy comes in the farm store I work at and asks me for trimmer string for his "Style" trimmer. As far as I can tell he has a Stihl but just doesn't know it!

:jawdrop:

There seem to be a lot of "Skil" products in our area!

Back to Husqvarna the Scandinavian way :rolleyes:

Around here it's HUS-KuVARNA, cos the Q=KU but in Husqvarna it's a small "u"

And Jonsered is JONSeRED whit a small "e"

But anyway that's around here ;)

HUS-KuVARNA
attachment.php

JONSeRED
attachment.php

Last edited:
It's pronounced HuskaPoulajonseredacraftsmanajunk......................................................................................................................................................................................with a hyphen-LOWES

Sorry, it's my job.....................................................................

Latest posts

Back