"Canadian" Echo CS-520 Muffler mystery...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumppuller

Reaction score
Just bought my first saw, an Echo CS-520. After reading about the muffler mods, I took the muffler off and promptly removed the spark arrester screen and left the deflector right off exposing just the little pipe. I then went to take the "catalytic" cone like material out from inside the muffler but to my surprise there is nothing in there?? Do the Canadian saws go by different regulations possibly? From what I can see, it doesn't look like there is anything else I can possibly do with the muffler. Can anyone shed more light on this.

Thanks.

Canada and Calif have different mufflers than the rest of the world. I have seen 3 different ones for my CS-60S saws...Bob

Thanks for the replies lads! So rmh3481, does that mean that removing the spark arrester and the deflector is all I need to do to "modify" the muffler? Just tune the carb now?
Thanks

Thanks for the replies lads! So rmh3481, does that mean that removing the spark arrester and the deflector is all I need to do to "modify" the muffler? Just tune the carb now?
Thanks

use an electician's small hole saw and drill around the little pipe so you can remove it. there is a weld holding the pipe at the far end but as i recall, it snapped right off.

i would open the deflector up as much as i could and keep the spark screen.

Thanks Mountainlake. So just use a hole saw slightly larger than the pipe itself and run it down the length of the pipe until the weld holding it in place breaks and then remove the pipe?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back