Castor oil? How about it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what isnt necessary for stock applications, teardowns or running castor?

Serg

Running castor!!!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!! in a stock motor!!!

some Castor based blended oils are pretty expensive,,, I prefer the Maxima 927 for a castor blend,,, and Klotz R 50 for a synthetic:cheers:

but if your racing anything,,,, most of it isnt stock!!!!!!! you have to pull'em down and freshen certain parts between races,,,,,, if you want to be competetive,,,, it doesnt matter if its a saw, dirtbike, snowmobile, or outboard drag boat,,,:givebeer:

Last edited:
LOL.
OK, I was alluding to race saws. Elf's HTX 896 is supposedly good to 18,000 RPM and it's ester based, and the Motul 800 2T I use is probably fine at those revs too (what sort of revs do 125 and 250CC GP bikes see these days ?? )
It's just that in the old days we used to use 14-15,000 as the transission point to castors, but the BMEP was a lot higher than a saw, too.

Modern Gp bikes still turn about the same revs, 12K to 13K. A GP roadracer has a nearly square bore/stroke ratio. As revs rise the loss to friction rises with it, so it is best to make power with as little revs as possible. Rebuilds on 250GP bikes are quite expensive. Rebuilding a TZ crank will set you back over $600, and a new one is over $2500. Pistons and rings aren't to bad, but a cylinder will set you back over $500. The gold standard lubricant for GP bikes is Castrol A747. Expensive oil, but when you a protecting over $4000 worth of reciprocating assembly, not to mention your a$$, it's worth every penny.

Running castor!!!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!! in a stock motor!!!

some Castor based blended oils are pretty expensive,,, I prefer the Maxima 927 for a castor blend,,, and Klotz R 50 for a synthetic:cheers:

but if your racing anything,,,, most of it isnt stock!!!!!!! you have to pull'em down and freshen certain parts between races,,,,,, if you want to be competetive,,,, it doesnt matter if its a saw, dirtbike, snowmobile, or outboard drag boat,,,:givebeer:

ok so not necessary BUT will it clog it and harm it like some seem to think???

Serg

ok so not necessary BUT will it clog it and harm it like some seem to think???

Serg

The new blended stuff avaliable today is way cleaner than the older stuff from "Back in the day" and since you are blending it I doubt you will see much build up,,,,, but if you are concerned,,,, do some teardowns of your own and see what ya got!!!!!!!!!! As Tzed has stated when you are trying to protect a 5K$ rotating assembly that you are spinning faster than most people realize the castor molecule actually grows, providing unmatched protection and lubricity over conventional oils
:cheers: :givebeer: :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back