Chain making video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CedarRock

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just purchased a chain breaker and spinner so I thought I'd look for a video on how its done. The instructions aren't enough. Didn't come up with anything in search. I need to make the chain longer so I can get my 8 tooth sprocket on.

I know this is a really old thread but I'd like to see a video of somebody using the Oregon Rivet Spinner. I can't find anything on youtube.

Thanks! It looks pretty easy.

It is, but I would recommend putting a drop of oil on the spinner side first it leaves a nicer finnish. I would also spin it a lot than that guy was doing and I find it takes about a full turn and a half of the take up side to get a good rivet. Also make sure the spinner is bolted down or clamped it will make life easier.

I use the 3in1 all purpose and all you need is a tiny drop. It leaves a finish very similar to factory. I find the key is to turn fast as you are advancing the take up handle and the rivet just peens over nicely. If you just did it like the video the rivet will be loose and have a lot of side play.

Latest posts

Back