Chain tension problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us the model numbers off of the chain and the bar. Did the chain and bar come in the same box or separately? Does the box say what
pitch the sprocket is?

Yes

It all came in the one package, ill have to have a proper look in the morning im really hoping I just got a bad chain. How would I check for a warped cluch drum or out of round sproket?

If the drive links are deformed, let me suggest that you NOT do that. Rather, use whatever large hammer you have with a flat face as an anvil, and peen the drive links flat with a small hammer. Your suggestion is abusive to b&c.

Adjusting chain with engine running seems a good way to amputate something.

Suggest all you want, when I am at work and I throw a chain as I often do, I don't have time to #### around with all that mess. Seconds after the chain throws, I roll it back on the rail and get back to work, if it is bound, Il give a few good violent shoves with full throttle, if that don't work, out comes the wrench to do as I stated previously. I make a living with a saw, and I have not yet had any issues with my procedures, which by the way are pretty standard.. Sooo, go back to your chair and sit quietly until spoken to. .

Defective chain

Well I took the husqvarna chain that was in the box with the saw off and put on the carlton chain I bought off ebay. The carlton chain tensions up correctly and does not have pronounced tight or lose spots so im just turfing the other one as I dont think its worth the risk. Ill start it up and put it in a log later today hopefully thats the end of my issues. Will let you know if its resolved so others will have something to referance if they encounter similar difficulties
Regards Tim

not trying to say you dont know what your doing,but are you sure the chain tensioner is down in the tensioning hole on the bar good?

... when I am at work and I throw a chain as I often do, I don't have time to #### around .

LOL, 056 kid still as green as grass, obviously got poor technique, again only tyros or dimwits keep throwing chains

Thats fair

No offence taken silverking, yes thats the first thing I checked ,I tried refitting the chain several times but same thing over and over ill count the number of links tomorrow but I doubt the chain supplied would be of the incorrect type. On a positive note the saw is running very well, made short work of the jarrah for tonights fire
Regards: Tim

Latest posts

Back