Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAD starts when you do not really research and clean each saw you get but just pile them into the shed instead... it becomes acute when you find saws in there you can't really remember :nofunny: while trying tho squeeze in a few new ones.
But running out of room for new stuff is the worst situation for any CAD sufferer.

At least 2 more
I keep thinking I need 90cc for milling. But my ported 7900 seems OK for now.
I've got a 1992 husky 51 (my first saw) that has been rode hard and put away wet. Lots of hours and all original (even fuel lines). Starts 3rd pull after 6 months. I keep thinking I should add a 346xp. But why? Mines as good as new still for whatever reason.

How many saws does a person really need? How many do you have? Are you sick?
Do you have a deep seated emotional problem?
I only have about 100 with maybe 12 runners.
You can't have too many part saws can you?
John

I don't suffer from that disorder, but I tend to agree on the part saws.

I haven't bought a single saw since 2011, the only addition is a Jonsereds 66E, that "floated" my way, but I don't know the status of it yet, except that the handlebar is badly banged up, and the P&C looks fine,with the muffler off. Two piston rings confirmed that it is one of the rather rare 66Es though, not the much more common 70E.
The serial number is very low, for a saw in that "family", as it is 6 digit, and starts with 5. Most (actually all I have read about) have 7 digit numbers, starting with 1. I suspect that those saws came out a bit earlier here, than most availiable sourses say?

I don't have cad. Say that a bunch of times in a row and it becomes true. I probably have too many saws right now and probably won't accumulate any more until I have cleaned out a few. I usually keep close track of saws I own on a spreadsheet but it's a little out of date right now. That means that I have the 61 saws that it shows I have but I also have some saws that haven't been inventoried yet. So if they're not on my spreadsheet, I don't officially own them and thus I'm ok since 61 is a pretty reasonable number of chainsaws for a guy with three acres to own. Well, there is the south Georgia swampland, the tree service and so forth but for the most part I just like saws. Most of the newer acquisitions are parts saws that I am fixing up into runners. Not because I need more running saws but fixing saws is what I enjoy. So I'll just keep bumbling along doing what I'm doing. Will I have more or less saws five years from now? Beats me, I'm guessing less but time will tell. I usually keep about 10 saws, the rest are just passing through...

Three runners, one spare runner, two shelf queens new ms460 and new 346xpg and two projects. But I knew I already had a problem when I purchased my seventh or eighth fly rod. Hey it beats hitting the juice and being an amateur chemist.

It's not cad if they all run?

BAD is my real issue. Only a few share the same. Between low-pro, .325 and 3/8 plus all the different .050/.058/.063 it is ridiculous. I should have started with a better game plan. Work just gave me a free 025 in decent order. I'm only accepting free saws from now on... Honest.

Three runners, one spare runner, two shelf queens new ms460 and new 346xpg and two projects. But I knew I already had a problem when I purchased my seventh or eighth fly rod. Hey it beats hitting the juice and being an amateur chemist.

WHo has money or time for booze and drugs, I spent my last dime on saw stuff, and all my time honing my skill w/ a file....

It's not cad if they all run?

BAD is my real issue. Only a few share the same. Between low-pro, .325 and 3/8 plus all the different .050/.058/.063 it is ridiculous. I should have started with a better game plan. Work just gave me a free 025 in decent order. I'm only accepting free saws from now on... Honest.

See this is the one argument I have against the ms241, it runs the 3005 mount and most my others the 3003. Except I just bought a longer bar & chain for the 192t, so now I HAVE multiples for that saw so now the ms241 I would also have multiples.... dangnabit

dw

Latest posts

Back