Chainsaw chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sno-man!

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up a pair of chainsaw chaps. I had a near miss last fall and it realy got me thinking. If you have some let me know what brand and how well you like them.....thanks!

I don't know what brand I got, but they are orange with zipper up legs and came with belt loops to put a belt through.

The belt thing was uncomfortable, so I took them to the local sewing lady and she sewed on a velcro belt with a bit of elastic attached. Much more comfortable now and easy to take on/off.

I am looking at picking up a pair of chainsaw chaps. I had a near miss last fall and it realy got me thinking. If you have some let me know what brand and how well you like them.....thanks!

I was in the same boat as you.. Had a good size log under pressure and wallop me in the stomach knockin me down 2 weeks ago. the next day i went to Baileys website and got some work safe full wrap chaps and also the helmet system.. that and a few files for around $124 shipped. Dont put a price on safety, while your getting chaps if you dont have the rest of the ppe go ahead and invest in it

I have the half wrap labonville chaps and like them...took a bit to get used to them but now it's habit and no issue. The video sold me on labonville, I'm sure other brands will provide similiar protection. I will be getting a set of full wraps if and when i replace these.
Good luck be safe

Thanks for all of the responses. I am going to check out the web sites and place an order....thanks again! I am new to this site and it is just loaded with info...

Labonville are the way to go. Mine started out orange but soon became dirt, sawdust oil & sweat colored. Quite distinctive fasion statement. I hope I never have to find out really how well they work.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I have the stihl chaps, Granted their not the best but i trust them and wear them all the time the saw is going. They are getting old and oily, So it's time for a new pair. And seconds on the hoping to never find out how good they are.

I wear the full safety pant from Husqvarna;prior to these I wore the Stihl safety pant....until I dropped my 390 into my knee at 3\4 throttle...ruined the pants'but did their job and stopped that 90cc saw dead.Both pairs of pants are hotter than hell in summer,but sweaty legs gotta feel better than blood-soaked ones-eh?

I wear the full safety pant from Husqvarna;prior to these I wore the Stihl safety pant....until I dropped my 390 into my knee at 3\4 throttle...ruined the pants'but did their job and stopped that 90cc saw dead.Both pairs of pants are hotter than hell in summer,but sweaty legs gotta feel better than blood-soaked ones-eh?

Funny thin about chainsaw cuts is that they don't heal well with such a wide kerf. Is that why my surgeon doesn't use a ms361?

Back