Chainsaw for the Wife.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics! It never happend! o_O

We want to see that grin from ear to ear!!! :D

Congratulation on a great buy! The only thing I might consider for the future is the cat remouval to lower it's weight and get it to run a bit better!

edit: forgot, I like the safety chain a lot, after filling away the safety features... :D

myindividualsaws0171.jpg

This 36cc saw is my goto saw. I'm of the over-the-hill gang, and upper body strength saps pretty quick when in the cut. I've found this MS211 is super for a light weight saw tackling hardwoods. These are really nice.
I bought my Dad the 210 about 3 years before he passed away from leukemia he loved it. Of course I have it now and catch myself grabbing it most of the time very light compared to my other saws

About half way threw the first tank we had to up the idle speed just a tad.
We did not get a screwdrive for this so I used the one for my Stihl. It worked just fine.
Called the dealer and asked it we could pick one up for the Dolmar.
"No!, The EPA wont let us give thim out anymore." WHAT??????.

She did not like the safety chain. So, She removed it and put the other nonsafety chain on.
And away she went. We took down two dying 12" to 14" Red Oaks in the back yard.
The wife took the limbs off with ease and cut the trunks into firewood. I love that woman.
After three thanks of fuel the little saw is running very well. Is has some what of a growl to it.
Much impressed. If I ever need another saw of my own Dolmar is on the list.

Thanks for all the advice. And thanks for making this a great web site.

David and Wife.

The "kit" that I rcvd with my new Dolmar 6100 has a cute little screwdriver, usable for adjusting idle speed and mixture. I'll wager you should have gotten the same. Pester the dealer on that. OTOH, the main (H) mixture adjustment on the 6100 needs a "double-D" tool; maybe yours does too, if it ever needs adjustment, like for seasonal air-density changes.

Good choice on the part of your wife, making the 421 her reference point. In that product niche, and others, the big boys are hard pressed to compete on the basis of value. Particularly the southern German company. Couple months back, at a NY GTG, I got a little quality time trying out a 421. If I didn't have my little 40 cc RedMax, I'd have adopted a 421 in addition to a 6100.

Dont know if I will be able to post pix of the Wife and her Dolmar.
She hates to have her photo taken and then there is that "post them to the web thing."
If I can get her to pose with the saw????... Maybe then I can get our 20 year old son to post them for me.
It is getting to the point that being a computer nin-com-poop is no longer worth the effort.

David

I'd love to have a Dolmar that size, but I have a little bit of reduncy going on with my "pack" the way it is. Those German saws are nice: good choice!

Woodeneye:
The wife sure loves it.
We have been "canning veggies", picking and freezing berries lately.
Two more weeks or so and we should be back at firewood duty.
Maybe then I can get a photo or two of the wife and her 421.

David

Pull the muffler open and drill the spot welds out and take the CAT out and it'll run and cut even better

We are going to have to let the two year Warrenty Exspire before we make any homemade inprovements.
After that maybe....

David

Back