Chainsaw Garage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this be worth while?

• Yes, the more chainsaws the better

Votes: 78 88.6%
  • No!!

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No.....because I don't like anything.

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
I think I could be convinced to warm to this idea. It smells a bit like work, but then, it could also come in handy later as an online list for insurance purposes or something. If the user could choose who could see the list (public/member/friend/private) I think you might be on to something.

It sounds like a good idea plus adding things like mentioned before(mix ration, max rpm, mods) will bring alot more conversation.

I think I could be convinced to warm to this idea. It smells a bit like work, but then, it could also come in handy later as an online list for insurance purposes or something. If the user could choose who could see the list (public/member/friend/private) I think you might be on to something.

The reason for me to build it is to bring more entertainment.
I am cool with having you all use it but maybe have serial numbers private etc for keeping records.
I think it would be great for that though!!

Sorry, wasn't more specific.
Need specific info on chainsaws.

CC's
Length of bars (s)
etc.

You mean I have to measure all of these things????? :hmm3grin2orange:

Stihl015004.jpg

Stihl015005.jpg

DavidBradley014.jpg

You mean I have to measure all of these things????? :hmm3grin2orange:

Looks like alot of work there, Guido. You can toss 'em on the Saw Dr. pile. Wish I were up there for a visit right now. We're iced in here.

Mix ratio seems pretty redundant. Maybe just a "fuel" section that folks can fill in as they like. Also probably nice to have a "builder" field. I suspect that the true go-fast guys will have lots of lies in their garages.

Looks like alot of work there, Guido. You can toss 'em on the Saw Dr. pile. Wish I were up there for a visit right now. We're iced in here.

Mix ratio seems pretty redundant. Maybe just a "fuel" section that folks can fill in as they like. Also probably nice to have a "builder" field. I suspect that the true go-fast guys will have lots of lies in their garages.

No way....the builder guys with drama. That won't happen. :help:

I was just suggesting a "builder" field so that those guys who have a "Spacemule 460" or a "Walk-my-dog-ized" whatever can tout their wares.

Garage sounds like a good way to show off without lengthy sigs like:

cs-310 12" b/c muff mod and tuned wifes saw

cs-370 14" b/c muff modded and tuned

ms-361 with 20" b/c muff modded and tuned

ms-290 with 18" b/c muff modded and tuned

poulan 3314 with 14" b/c muff modded and tuned

....and tuned, no kidding?

I would be at risk cause my info is all over the internet. You know how many Ray Benson's there probably are in NW Indiana?
Also, I seriously doubt people on here are trying to land chainsaws as their source of income. If I am stealing something, it might be an in addition to thing, but not driving across Indiana to steal your chainsaws. Let's be real about this.
I may be totally off base. I just don't see it.

well its a goodway to show ever one your saws so they can rob you:popcorn:

And just how is that going to happen? Long Island contains 1401 square miles and almost 8 million people, am I going to go door to door in order to locate you so I can steal your saws?

If you think it is likely you will lose your saws, either do not participate or lock them up. This used to be a fun place to share information before the fear mongers doomsday advocates and conspiracy theorists took over....

Honestly, I haven't started on it. Chris will be working on it in the coming days. I got a phone call last night about some members I had to tend to...:censored:

I wasn't one of 'em... was I? :laugh: I hope not... :biggrinbounce2:

well its a goodway to show ever one your saws so they can rob you:popcorn:

There are ways to control who views what. Viewability and access to forums can be contolled:

1. Certain forums are hidden, or access denied, from guests/non-members.
2. Forums that only contributing ($$) members can see and/or access.
3. Forums that can only be viewed once members reach a certain post count, but access is also controlled by administrators & moderators who review member's posts for quality of content.

Back