Chainsaw Magazine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As neat of an idea it is. And as much as i would love to do it! I dont think i have the money nor experience, writing skill, intelligence to Actually publish a big magazine like this. As much as i would LOVE To do it!

As neat of an idea it is. And as much as i would love to do it! I dont think i have the money nor experience, writing skill, intelligence to Actually publish a big magazine like this. As much as i would LOVE To do it!

I have seen loggers world around here.It's the only one I have seen.Your idea is great but I'm sure it's a lot of work and know how.

Y'know, between inkjet printers and MS Word, a 'zine might actually work. Learn layout and composition, find a few writers, bang out the double-sided prints and staple 'em together by hand, and you may have a niche. It works for mopey post-punk music scenes, why not for something a bit louder and more abrasive? If you can put an issue in an envelope and send it to me for less than five bones via paypal, I'm a subscriber.

Center fold, gear drive edition, ect. Sounds good!
Seems as though some are to cool to read or look at a magazine.
I think it would be great, but see a lot of work to get it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done newspaper layout. It's not that hard. Content is the tough part. A 'zine would have to be interesting enough to pay for, and cheap enough to pay for itself, in order to not be a financial loss for the publisher. That takes quality writing as well as an eye for what things look like on the page. Xerox is still a viable tool, so long as the content is up to snuff.

Latest posts

Back