Chainsaw Mountain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It don't matter what you're doing, you're still a useless Canadian Cull!....Hahahahahaha!

Gyponaked.jpg

Dennis, I don't even want to know how you got that picture. It's just plain wrong on so many levels.

Mark

For those that want to see the lighter side of John and not the bucked naked side. here is a few videos of Gypo's showing his lighter side, if you are not blinded by now you can watch them. I still haven't found the King of the forest video. Then there is the rooster tail link with some good still shots of him cutting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swr869JWEZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zsV8IWERU

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=38552&highlight=rooster+tails

Found it, The King of the forest video......

http://www.youtube.com/?v=PsMXCxv1P28

Last edited:
Just an update. I've been drilling for two weeks straight now. The mineral we are drilling for is Molybimum or Moly. It's really hard work. First you have this diamond bit that is attached to ten foot rods that you have to spin on by hand and tighten with a 36" pipe wrench. Then you drill ten feet and send down an overshot that attaches itself to the core tube which is then winched out which I have to disassemble and knock out the core tube and put in core boxes. There is alot of water involved which gets pump from a lake with 1000ft plus of water hose.
The physical effort is logging to the power of ten and I now have a grip so strong I could even screw off DC's head with my bare hands. Lol
I got a gazillion pictures that I can't wait to share but I have neither a USB cord or a card reader.
We are way abve treeline now and it snowed today. My shift ends October and I may do another six week.
I have my 346 here and made a few cuts to set the drilling rig on some timbers. Actually I had to get under the 16 ton drill and cut a timder in half that it was sitting on. It was amazing I didn't get pinched. We have drilled over 1000 feet of core and are now down to 600 feet on the new sight.
It's a real dirty, greasy wet job and I miss cutting timber.
Will keep in touch, I have over 500 pics of the drill site and scenery.
John

Well Gypo,
Sounds like hard work, Sometimes a man has to do anything to make ends meet.
Keep in touch. and watch your fingers because nobody else is.

Hey Gypo....Another month of hard labor and you'll have enough to buy my sawmill :monkey:

I bet Gypo misses cutting timber!.....Hahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
Just an update. I've been drilling for two weeks straight now. The mineral we are drilling for is Molybimum or Moly. It's really hard work. First you have this diamond bit that is attached to ten foot rods that you have to spin on by hand and tighten with a 36" pipe wrench. Then you drill ten feet and send down an overshot that attaches itself to the core tube which is then winched out which I have to disassemble and knock out the core tube and put in core boxes. There is alot of water involved which gets pump from a lake with 1000ft plus of water hose.
The physical effort is logging to the power of ten and I now have a grip so strong I could even screw off DC's head with my bare hands. Lol
I got a gazillion pictures that I can't wait to share but I have neither a USB cord or a card reader.
We are way above tree line now and it snowed today. My shift ends October and I may do another six week.
I have my 346 here and made a few cuts to set the drilling rig on some timbers. Actually I had to get under the 16 ton drill and cut a timber in half that it was sitting on. It was amazing I didn't get pinched. We have drilled over 1000 feet of core and are now down to 600 feet on the new sight.
It's a real dirty, greasy wet job and I miss cutting timber.
Will keep in touch, I have over 500 pics of the drill site and scenery.
John

Sounds like a lot of fun in a way, but you better watch that pinch stuff - 16 ton drills are quite unforgiving when they try to crush you (like some ex-wives...)

I do a lot of work like that myself Gypo. Not as high in altitude but rock coring is better than some types of drilling. Pay attention to where you put yourself is my advice. Even rods break sometimes.

I just finished 8 weeks straight and I'm the onlyone left of the original crew. Most guys got fired for drunkeness. One driller took my saw and carved up the trailer I was living in, but I was fortunately with the"girl next door", so I wasn't really a suspect.He carved an X in the door and sawed on the couch and garbage can So needless to say, my 359 was rocked out.
John

I just finished 8 weeks straight and I'm the onlyone left of the original crew. Most guys got fired for drunkeness. One driller took my saw and carved up the trailer I was living in, but I was fortunately with the"girl next door", so I wasn't really a suspect.He carved an X in the door and sawed on the couch and garbage can So needless to say, my 359 was rocked out.
John

Glad to see your staying healthy. :hmm3grin2orange:

Life and times of Gypo. You should write a book John.

Those GB bars you were wanting and I tried to find, well,
There is a guy that handles GB bars on order now from Ohio. You can contact him here or over there ;). Seems to get what you want at a good price and ships too.

Latest posts

Back