Chainsaw pet peeves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've done that. Left the b/c in the wood took the power head off and got it later

My uncle got the bar stuck after when the tree he was cut sat down in the v shaped
Cut he made(no face cut and went the holding wood). Week or so later we go back to check, the tree fell into the road, we met our now good friend mark who removed the tree from the road, and my uncle got his bar back.

Pet peev number 1: My local Stihl dealer whose automatic response for whatever you ask for is, "it would be cheaper to buy a new saw". Last time he said it, I said,
"at $900, no it wouldnt."

And if no one else has mentioned it: the Stihl oil filler cap. Hardly ever goes on first time or even second for that matter. Been like it from new.
The Makita cap is so much easier and less complicated. Too much German engineering I reckon.

People who use fish and chip oil and sump oil or gear oil in their saws,I refuse to work on them.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I charge extra cause they are a nasty mess and just about need to be pressure washed. I doubt it'd be too bad if the chain was kept sharp, but nasty oil mixed with fine dust of the typical dull as **** chain makes a lovely stinky goop.

Of all the "won't oil" saws I've fixed, 95% of them have been "I refuse to buy bar oil" saws.

Yes to the drop starts.why oh why do people do that with big saws, it's like a macho thing I guess, although I have seen plenty of really experienced guys do it safely I will never consider doing it myself

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I cleaned up a Husky 395xp 24" bar for a customer. I wanted him test it before he took it home. He drop started at WOT. The chain caught his jeans. He was lucky to only leave with a hole in his pants.

If this wasn't bad enough, when he tested it, he stuck the bar straight into the log with the tip in the kickback zone.

I haven't heard from him again. Hope he's still in one piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When a guy tries to tell you his dilapidated 032 will out cut a 395 or a 50 rancher will out cut a 066,just feel like administering a quick blow to the neck to stop the ******** flowing.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
I had a guy tell me his 5020 and 4218 Poulan were better that any Stihl or Husqvarna.

He also told me ported and muffler modded saws didn't make a saw cut any faster.

Latest posts

Back