Chainsaw pet peeves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condemnation without investigation.

"What do you have for a saw" "its got a 16" blade on it with no nubbins on it and it cuts like mad"

Calling every string trimmer a "weed eater" sorry, I hate weed eater consumer junks....

That's disgusting! Clean veggie oil makes enough of a mess, I can only imagine stinky fry oil.

My 2-10's previous owner ran used motor oil through it. It was a freaking mess!
The fry oil ends up solidifying in the oil tank and oil pump and you've got to try and scrape it out as nothing seems to be able to break it down .

A guy bought a saw to me once ,just needed a sharpen and a few bolts put in,I never took much notice and told him to leave it and I would get to it .I nearly brought my breakfast up when i picked up the saw it smelt really bad Rotten in fact and there was green meat and fat in the teeth ,I threw the saw outside and called the owner and told him to come and get it.
He had been cutting up a cow with it !!!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I charge extra cause they are a nasty mess and just about need to be pressure washed. I doubt it'd be too bad if the chain was kept sharp, but nasty oil mixed with fine dust of the typical dull as **** chain makes a lovely stinky goop.

Of all the "won't oil" saws I've fixed, 95% of them have been "I refuse to buy bar oil" saws.
We are thousands of miles apart and encounter the same idiots,Bar oil is cheaper than bars and chains.

The fry oil ends up solidifying in the oil tank and oil pump and you've got to try and scrape it out as nothing seems to be able to break it down .

A guy bought a saw to me once ,just needed a sharpen and a few bolts put in,I never took much notice and told him to leave it and I would get to it .I nearly brought my breakfast up when i picked up the saw it smelt really bad Rotten in fact and there was green meat and fat in the teeth ,I threw the saw outside and called the owner and told him to come and get it.

Are sure it was of bovine species, and not, let's say, an ex in-law?

Around here the local Indian tribe can shoot as much of whatever big game they want. They cut up elk and moose with chainsaws. Really sloppy and wasteful way to do it but whatever. Pretty nasty when they don't clean the saws up afterwards.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Was the engine running or was he just sawing back and forth?

Reminds me of a Finn joke (I'm Norwegian).

A Finn walks into a saw shop and says "Ya shur, this saw, she doesn't work. I cut and cut all day and I make very little firewood" The saw shop owner starts the saw. The Finn looks startled and asks; "What be that noise?"

Around here the local Indian tribe can shoot as much of whatever big game they want. They cut up elk and moose with chainsaws. Really sloppy and wasteful way to do it but whatever. Pretty nasty when they don't clean the saws up afterwards.
You could call them Buzz saws,what with the flies crawling over them!!

Latest posts

Back