Chainsaw pet peeves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People not flipping or maintaining bars at all.
I halved the life of a Cannon bar doing not that. Rails are wallowed out and needed a lot filed away from never being dressed. probably needs a new nose while I am at it. Now all my bars get dressed whenever they are off the saw and always cleaned at the same time. Greased when I can find the gun. :omg:

Video proof that one brand saw is much faster than another brand and its all about the brand cause the fact one is making chips and the other is making smokey dust has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
Or when they have a shootout and dig one into the dawgs and barely let the other one eat.

Or when they have a shootout and dig one into the dawgs and barely let the other one eat.
Funniest thing I saw. Really big strong young guy with his saw against a little dry old guy who had seen some stuff. Old guy challenges young guy to a race on the same log, Husky vs Stihl. Old guy wins easy. Young guy blames the saw and grabs the old guys saw. Old guy shrugs and picks up the young guys saw.....and kicks his butt again.

That's about like looking down the barrel of your gun to see if you've got a round in the chamber!

It sounded like his chain speed was really fast as he climbed over the log too! Or was that maybe a second saw?

Reminds me of this insane safety video, lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Middle flywheel shroud bolt on 90 Series and Super Series McCullochs

Left carb bolt on the same saws

10% ethanol

Stihl 011s

Fragile throttle handles on big Dolmars

Anyone who thinks a Farm Boss or similar is a "big saw."

Starter return springs

Parts that require special tools (I'm looking at you Husqvarna clutchs)

When a piece of your expensive Stihl O P E doesn't start as easily as it should.

I used my FS-250R today. Damn thing took more than 30 pulls on the rope to get it to fire. Once it was warm, it started okay. I came very close to swearing at it...........:mad:
These new fangled saws that won't start like the ones I learned tuning on.You remember the ones that are still tuned with screws, rather than some majik in the carb that knows the score moment by moment but needs to be tickled different to start cold than what I am used to!Of course it came with out a manual and is 90 cc with a decomp that is less relief than in my 72cc saws. Even after warmed up it has it's own mind:crazy2:on re-start

Yes to the drop starts.why oh why do people do that with big saws, it's like a macho thing I guess, although I have seen plenty of really experienced guys do it safely I will never consider doing it myself

Back