Chainsaw Safety Questions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info guys!!! been checking it all out, I have been in unsafe conditions with others sawing (joplin tornado had some scary stuff)
and me too glad to learn more to keep myself in one peice!!!:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Well I'm just a bit South of you. If you ever come down towards Wichita at all, or I head up North, I'd be happy to bring some play toys and provide any helpful hints I can to help you out if you'd like.

Well Slowp,
I sure don't agree with your politics, but I can appreciate your trying to help people out on a personal level.

READ your chainsaw INSTRUCTION MANUAL cover to cover. There is a lot of good info in there about taking care of yourself and your saw.

That whole post is the gospel. The first saw I used was a Mac 35 which I do not suggest learning on, although it was a humbling learning curve.:hmm3grin2orange: The first saw I bought was a 46cc Craftsman/Poulan at the ripe age of 12. I cut a lot of firewood with that little saw, (I'm 31 now) and it sill runs. It taught me a lot about the principles of chainsaw operation and safety practices. I don't regret it a bit. Don't get me wrong I love the other saws in my signature line, especially my little Stihl and my Stumpbroke Husky, and dearly miss my saws that burned up awhile back (Stihl 039, MS660, Husky 346xp and 55) as they were and are wonderful tools. I just wouldn't have wanted to start with any of them, save for maybe the 55 Husky. Start small and light and work from there.

bought my first saw when I was 12 , at a local auction , it was a mint pioneer 1074 that needed some fuel .

all I can say is chaps , safety glasses, common sense and a healthy respect for the saw.

Latest posts

Back