Chainsaws and Guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture003.jpg

Now that there is PURTY :heart:

Here's a few from the archives,

The middle one's fer Groundhogs and Coyotes.

And I rekon anyone snoopin' 'round my saws.

attachment.php

You.... you.... you.... SOLD?!?! You SOLD a 686!?!?!? :jawdrop:

How could you????

I do regret selling (2) AR-15's, a .40 cal XD and a .223 Mini-14,... The rest were all good swaps or trades to better or more desirable (for me) equipment including 2 cords of mixed hardwood for a NIB EAA Witness .45 w/the drop-in .22 conversion!!!!!

I rarely have anyone beat, but this time I may have everyone beat. 12 chainsaws and 141 firearms at last count. I am divorced and I have an FFL, giving me an unfair advantage over most of you.

LongGuns.jpg

saws5.jpg

I've got 5... in the firearms dept. They're all about 150 years old and none of them fire.

BUT, some have bayonets so I can get all stabby. And they're pretty long and heavy too, so I suppose I could just clock someone over the head with one of em.

Getting a CCW permit and taking some classes is one of those things I've been meaning to do, but just don't have the time. House has me so busy right now... as my friend's mom put it, my lists have lists.

I see here are a few gun nuts one here. I'm wanting to add more gun to my stable. I'm wanting an affordable long range rifle. The local gun shop has a .338 Savage. What do you guys think of this gun? Should I be worried that it's a savage? It looks new but is used. It has scope rings with it also. They are asking $550 for it. Also if there are any collects out there I have an old colt police pistol. I think it's a 32/10. I going to get rid of it I have no use for it.

Thanks Scott

amazing!!!!!!!

My Ruger 10/22 and all other Ozzy semi autos owners got them taken by the Government in 96 after a terrible massacre down here, but I still got my 026.

Hmm just let em try n get ma saw..

still cant believe you guys gave them up!

Not me! no friggin' way in hell!

just for the record..........

Unsure if higher lower or the same, our crime rate is very low in compassion with US. All here have many thoughts about it, mine are mixed and so unclear.

Some background here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

and here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

I was woking with ma saw on the Uni grounds at the time of the Monash shooter, a guy runs pasts yelling run! a nutters got a gun.

our crime rate has nothing to do with guns.

It has everything to do with liberal judges and crooked lawyers and politics.the judges all used to be lawyers.

Crime is big business in this country.The powers that be dont want crime to go away.As always with Liberals,just follow the $$$$$$$.

Last edited:
if i can't have my guns..............

I have guns and hunt, some registered and some not.
Always entertaining to read some of the comments from people concerning government "taking" their guns. I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that if they even try. Yeah right, you're gonna create your own Waco? You'll still be dead and you won't be buried with your guns either. Unfortunately there are alot more people wanting to take guns away than there are people who want us to keep them. Sign of the times, going to be less and less guns as time goes on. And judging by some of the young kids I see around these days I'm kind of glad I might be the last or close to the last of the gun owners.
And don't make this a "that will never happen in the USA" rant either. It's gonna happen the same as it is everywhere in the world, just a matter of time.
I'll check back later, I gotta go bury a few more items now that I think about it.

there not much point staying on this earth.Not living like a sheep!

no worries...........

I see here are a few gun nuts one here. I'm wanting to add more gun to my stable. I'm wanting an affordable long range rifle. The local gun shop has a .338 Savage. What do you guys think of this gun? Should I be worried that it's a savage? It looks new but is used. It has scope rings with it also. They are asking $550 for it. Also if there are any collects out there I have an old colt police pistol. I think it's a 32/10. I going to get rid of it I have no use for it.

Thanks Scott

Savage makes an excellent rifle!

That 338 kicks like a pissed off mule though.

I wouldnt be worried bout it being a savage at all.. they ave some the most accurate rifles out of the box and their accu trigger is awesome . as for the 338... unless your planning on taking a trip over seas to hunt.. I dont think youd be doing your shoulder much justice(or your pocket book) using it on anything around here in the u.s. but then again im a firm believer in the old trusty 30.06 :D anything bigger is just for fun !

Here's the best I could do to combine both (obviously the chain saws supply the wood that is burned in the insert). Photo is about 5 years ago.

Started getting into competitive shooting when I was in the Army, but also quit hunting about the same time. Had a gun/rifle in my hand since I was about seven years old. In the photo is a BP rifle, a Remington Sendero in .300 Win Mag, and my largest rifle, a 43 pound .50 BMG. I truly don't know how many firearms I own.

50BMGand300Sendero.jpg

Last edited:
I just keep this little old black powder gun around for removing skunks and such around the house.
attachment.php
It works pretty good for an old thing.

now thats a gun!!! I wish I had one of those for those pesky Jehovah witness ppl that always come knocking *evilgrin*

The tube is a Hern cast and is a 2.25 smooth bore. It will remove just about anything in front of it. As a matter of fact we have no elephants or cape buffalo on our property and I owe it all to this gun acting as a deterrent.

Back