Chainsaws in the house?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a work box in the back of my truck which can hold half of my saws all on it's own but i figure if i'm gonna have half of them in the house i may as well have all of them in the house. I have my shop room organized really well. I could pull everything out and put it in a full size garage and you would **** yourself thinking it all came out of that room. Heck our old house garage was nice. Wood stove in the shop, lots of room. We rented then and the wife wanted to own so we downgraded just to own where we live. I want a nice shop soon. It will happen.

Yeah, but Westcoaster, you've got all Huskies - the OP with the stinky, leaky saws is running Stihls:laugh::popcorn:

Hi! I've got 22 saws in my house. My house is less than 850 sq. ft. 13 of them are in the living room, 7 are in the front bedroom, and 2 are in our bedroom. I personally got rid of books on my bookshelf so I could wake up to seeing some of my saws first thing in the morning! Plus, I've made my husband get rid of stuff around the house so I could bring more saws in the house!!! Ha Ha!!! All of the saws in the house are drained and get a dusting once a week. When I'm done dusting 22 saws and go to drain the water, it's clear! Ha Ha! Let's see here, I believe we got 55 saws in our basement. We also have a lot in the garage as well. The saws in the basement are drained as well, but our rule is if we know that some leak gas, they stay outside until we fix them!!! I wish I could have all 103 saws in my house!!! If I knew it was possible, it would already have been done!!! Ha Ha!!! :) -Michelle

Hi! I've got 22 saws in my house. My house is less than 850 sq. ft. 13 of them are in the living room, 7 are in the front bedroom, and 2 are in our bedroom. I personally got rid of books on my bookshelf so I could wake up to seeing some of my saws first thing in the morning! Plus, I've made my husband get rid of stuff around the house so I could bring more saws in the house!!! Ha Ha!!! All of the saws in the house are drained and get a dusting once a week. When I'm done dusting 22 saws and go to drain the water, it's clear! Ha Ha! Let's see here, I believe we got 55 saws in our basement. We also have a lot in the garage as well. The saws in the basement are drained as well, but our rule is if we know that some leak gas, they stay outside until we fix them!!! I wish I could have all 103 saws in my house!!! If I knew it was possible, it would already have been done!!! Ha Ha!!! :) -Michelle

Well, next time my daughter says I'm obsessed with saws, I'm gonna show her this!

I have several saws in the basement right now, under my workbench, and locked to the workbench posts with plastic coated cable and padlocks. A few of them have gas in them, but never up to the cap level. Should probably store them in the detached garage, but I never have an issue. Gas water heater is 25 feet away from the saws with a pilot light. If I smell gas, that saw stays outside until it gets fixed. I think if you keep the gas level low and make sure you have a good gasket on the gas cap, you have little to worry about.

I heard you guys up there get confused about guns, eh?

i wasn't confused at all. i know a bit about guns but not like my brother. heck he may as well be a gunsmith and i tried telling him to try. you could come up here and i promise you he will teach you lots. if you think you know it all it is only cause you don't know it all. when i said "i confused', it was only to add to the joke another guy made about zombies. i'm sitting here wondering if you even know enough to know what VZ and AK meant.

Yeah, but Westcoaster, you've got all Huskies - the OP with the stinky, leaky saws is running Stihls:laugh::popcorn:

i got some stihls in the house right now too but i don't put those off breed saws in me sig. what you see in me sig is only the husky's.

saws are usually run out. Sometimes they in the shop (with wood stove, and other points of ignition). Sometimes they get hauled into my living space! With another wood stove, water heater, gas cook stove! :eek:
living dangerously, I know.

I have an attached garage below my kids rooms. My saws live there when they arent in the truck, but I'm too paranoid about fire to leave gas cans in there

i wasn't confused at all. i know a bit about guns but not like my brother. heck he may as well be a gunsmith and i tried telling him to try. you could come up here and i promise you he will teach you lots. if you think you know it all it is only cause you don't know it all. when i said "i confused', it was only to add to the joke another guy made about zombies. i'm sitting here wondering if you even know enough to know what VZ and AK meant.

yea, I know a little about AK and VZ, but jeez, I was just kidding around- if you want to get all serious and defensive that's fine too

yea, I know a little about AK and VZ, but jeez, I was just kidding around- if you want to get all serious and defensive that's fine too

ok sorry man. wasn't sure. i'm used to some other forums where what you sayed would almost start a war. :laugh:

Now that I'm heavily invested in STIHL products, they are stored in my garage / shop, and share space with my motorcycles.

Since they all consume gas, they seem to get along quite well.

Did Andreas write his surname with all-caps? Out of character for meticulous Swiss.

I actually currently live in a house with no garage. Our old house had a huge garage which was nice. I currently have a room in our house which is mine only. Total of 16 saws in there right now along with my generators, pressure washer, tank of argon with welder, gun cabinet with many boxes of rounds. Most of them have mix in them. None of them leak and there is no fuel smell whatsoever and trust me, if there was a smell, i would be hearing about it from the wife. I'm sure some would call my current "shop" a bomb but i even use a torch in there sometimes with no problems You gotta do what you gotta do and be smart about it as to avoid having problems. If it did smell like fuel i wouldn't do anything which could light a fire, vent room well, and investigate where the smell is coming from to correct it. No way in hell are my saws gonna sit outside at risk of walking away and no way in hell will i sell them just because i have no place to put them. I've been talking about selling this place with the wife though. I need me a garage. Was also thinking of just buying a nice large cargo trailer and turning it into a nice mobil shop with all the power hook ups i need. I'm working on it. Had a shop planned last summer but with moving up in the air i don't wanna build one only to move.
I bought a 20' cargo container to use at my cabin for storage. All steel, rodent proof & leak proof. Double doors with 2 locks on each door. I like it.

I have several saws in the basement right now, under my workbench, and locked to the workbench posts with plastic coated cable and padlocks. A few of them have gas in them, but never up to the cap level. Should probably store them in the detached garage, but I never have an issue. Gas water heater is 25 feet away from the saws with a pilot light. If I smell gas, that saw stays outside until it gets fixed. I think if you keep the gas level low and make sure you have a good gasket on the gas cap, you have little to worry about.
I keep tanks full, avoid the flip side of "venting", condensation... if theyre gonna sit long term, theyre drained & run dry w/caps loose... just my $.02, comes from bikes more than saws...

Latest posts

Back