Chance At a NOS McCulloch!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a grand-uncle on my dad's side that bought one of these new. I was there the first time he fired it up and went at the wood pile with it. It was loud, obnoxious, and spewed a blue cloud of smoke everywhere it was.

It was really cool. We cut about 30 cords with it that fall, good times... :clap:

I had a grand-uncle on my dad's side that bought one of these new. I was there the first time he fired it up and went at the wood pile with it. It was loud, obnoxious, and spewed a blue cloud of smoke everywhere it was.

It was really cool. We cut about 30 cords with it that fall, good times... :clap:

Good gracious! I love your description! What a saw, huh? :laugh:

That's a lot of wood out with it, it must be a good saw.

Thanks for the story! :cheers:

Good gracious! I love your description! What a saw, huh? :laugh:

That's a lot of wood out with it, it must be a good saw.

Thanks for the story! :cheers:

They're great saws for sure, and my g-uncle was a great old guy. He was a retired career man in the U.S.M.C. and paid us kids to help with the firewood. His ham radio handle was "Double-Eagle" and my g-aunt's handle was "Golden Eagle". Lots of good memories there. He had that saw until he passed on.

I have a like new Pro Mac 8200 with a 28" bar on it. I fire it up every couple of years or so! Fired it up a couple of weeks ago and fell a few hickory trees with it! Good power and just a good old saw!

3 days left! :poke:

So stupid, I thought i'd watch it and see how it does, I never thought it would get up to BIN price. :cry:

Where's the old magic 8 ball, anyone know who had it last? :censored:

another lesson, never mention a cl or ebay item you are interested in. pm a bud if you need advise.

I'm not worried about that Neal, not whatsoever. It was already mentioned on the official CL/Ebay thread. Believe me, this is the first time i've done this, just for moral support. I really don't care if I would get it or if someone else here did, that would be just as good IMO........i'm somewhat aware of my boundaries and limits. Like Mark said, there's that conscience thing. I think it's past that limit for me.

I was hoping everyone would say it's a horrible deal and to forget about it! You know, talk some sense into me! :laugh:

Just making conversation, and looking for someone to persuade me! :cheers:

I'll take your advice for next time, though. ;)

Last edited:
I suppose I could have been a lil' rude and came on here poking fun at the high bidder, like "what stupid :censored: would pay that much for that". This isn't the first ebay ad that has been posted on here, the auction is public, it's been posted on another thread, I don't have any shame about the situation. I'm not competitive by nature, and don't want to be on this. If someone sees this thread and decides to invest in it, then that's great, I hope they get it. If they feel it's worth more then someone else, then maybe they should have it. I figured I could ask for some opinions of it, since there are others more knowledgeable on the saw then I am, and maybe have seen some listed before.

Sound advice. Sometimes better to play the cards closer than on the table.

Good luck if you decide to take the leap!

Thanks for the kind words....... :)

I'll just use my own judgement then......I just wanted honest answers as to the value. Maybe when something is for sale, people are hesitant to give out answers. Maybe when something gets that obsolete, there are no honest answers. Then again, it sounds like I should value my own opinion more. ;)

why would we do that? we have all had a nip of the cad tonic.

You too? :)

I've checked, not one dealer in my area has a new Mac for sale, not one! Of course it would help if there were Mac dealers. And I think that big Mac parts cache that i've heard about is non existant, too.
(Here we go, i'm persuading myself. See how that works?)

Is it stupid of me to say, since i'm heating the house with wood now, maybe I should stick with something that has parts availability? Is that a good enough excuse? I think my Mac days are coming to an end, I just can't afford to run them.
(There, that ought to seal the deal!)

Someone please hand me a beer, tell me to breathe, and i'll be alright! I haven't had a beer for three months, honestly! :givebeer:

Theres a closed shop in my area that has a cache of NOS PM 700's and from what I'm told a few 850's. They are tied up in an inheritance disbute. Me and a freind bought the last 2 that were able to be sold 4 years ago. I kept mine new in the box, and he uses his. I sold mine allong with a CL find PM 1000 last year for a nice profit. I'm watching that auction myself just to see if I made a mistake.

Latest posts

Back