Charity Cut at the Oneshot ranch! Feb 25-26 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Boyd has a bunch of blow overs and leaners to donate to Denny up at Interfaith. As long as the weather holds we are planning to do a weekend up there.
We can do breakfast at T-dawgs about 7 and then head up to the One shot.

We took a few pics today. A couple of examples.

oneshot2.jpg

oneshot1.jpg

oneshot3.jpg

Sounds like a good time. Count me and Sarah in, as long as the weather cooperates. What are we gonna eat this time? I still got lotsa venison.

Boyd has a bunch of blow overs and leaners to donate to Denny up at Interfaith. As long as the weather holds we are planning to do a weekend up there.
We can do breakfast at T-dawgs about 7 and then head up to the One shot.

We took a few pics today. A couple of examples.

oneshot2.jpg

Did you leave Boyd out there? :blob2: :msp_smile: :D

On a serious note...Nice donation Boyd! I'll see what those dates hold.

Thanks for starting this thread JD. We did a similar cut in the spring of 2010 and quite a few of the knucklehead entourage attended! Last summers 4th of July windstorm took down another bunch of trees. All the wood will be donated to Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett Co. WI. Many of you have helped this great charity in the past and we always have alot of fun getting it done!

Excellent! I'm planning to attend one of those days if possible. Got a new saw project I recently finished I could try out and be helping Denny out at the same time.

Count me in, Ernie is not sure if he can make it. He has too many broken tools right now and spring is when he starts to get busy. As long as the loft is open at Jon's I will be there. I think We might have some more Equipment coming, I will let that AS member post for himself. It should help GREATLY with wood handling and hauling.

Beefie

I can't run chainsaw for a while, but might be willing to help a little if I can get up there -

[video]http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s362/WIchainsaw/?action=view&current=101_0142.mp4[/video]

What are the plans for getting the wood up to Denny's? I can bring my truck and trailer or you can just pick me up on your way by.

I can't run chainsaw for a while, but might be willing to help a little if I can get up there -

[video]http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s362/WIchainsaw/?action=view&current=101_0142.mp4[/video]

That thing is SWEEEEEEET! Our thoughts were to cut the logs 8ft long then haul them to the south end of the property and cut them up there. The majority of the dowed trees are in the south 40 acres-a few in the next 20 to the north. The northern most 20 is 30 year old white pine-they weathered the storm OK. There are trails thru the property with mixed amounts of underbrush-We probably would scratch up that shiny KUBOTA tractor!

That thing is SWEEEEEEET! Our thoughts were to cut the logs 8ft long then haul them to the south end of the property and cut them up there. The majority of the dowed trees are in the south 40 acres-a few in the next 20 to the north. The northern most 20 is 30 year old white pine-they weathered the storm OK. There are trails thru the property with mixed amounts of underbrush-We probably would scratch up that shiny KUBOTA tractor!

Beefie filled me in a little, and recruited me:) I have stuff scheduled saturday afternoon- wife signed us up a while back for the CCW class, but I can come up sunday early am and put in the day. Weather and equipment permitting. I can't go over big stumps and huge brushpiles, but I can manuever pretty decent. The machine is prolly slower than the skidsteer you guys had, but it is easy on my back.

It was depressing seeing all the down timber up there. Glad to see some being salvaged:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back