Charity Cut at the Oneshot ranch! Feb 25-26 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beefie filled me in a little, and recruited me:) I have stuff scheduled saturday afternoon- wife signed us up a while back for the CCW class, but I can come up sunday early am and put in the day. Weather and equipment permitting. I can't go over big stumps and huge brushpiles, but I can manuever pretty decent. The machine is prolly slower than the skidsteer you guys had, but it is easy on my back.

It was depressing seeing all the down timber up there. Glad to see some being salvaged:msp_thumbsup:

If we can use the skiddy to get the logs to the trails you can forward them from there! I love it when a plan comes together!:msp_thumbsup:

Would you like me to bring my jeep? It is what I use for skidding aroung my place, Maneuvers around the woods good. Or I just bring saws, thats ok too.
attachment.php

Ya, it is. And that's after working on getting the downed stuff out for several months. Lost about 1/3 of our woods this summer. :cry:

that is rough- feel for ya man. My folks lost most of their woods a few years ago, came in two waves about 6 months apart, fortunately I was able to clean it up quick, it was all pine and happened mid summer, not fun work in blowdown, and depressing to see your woods strewn.

be safe-

This is going to be great , Glovers skidsteer for pulling and stacking . Andy and Sara's jeep for skidding and people transport, and Chandler's forwarding trailer to get the wood to the landing. All we need now is like 50 chainsaw wielding folks and we got are selves a new logging show we could sell to the history channel:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

This isnt related to anything here but I thought I would post this picture of my wood hauler and back yard that I took this morning. A real beautifull looking morning in the woods.
attachment.php

DAYUM Andy that is a nice truck and it must get around good - I see it all over the place tonight :hmm3grin2orange:

how long you had that beast ?

DAYUM Andy that is a nice truck and it must get around good - I see it all over the place tonight :hmm3grin2orange:

how long you had that beast ?

I bought it last june. It runs good, tops out about 45-50 mph. All it neede when I got it was tires. I had my rims powdercoated and all 6 tires replaced. It is a blast to drive it. I cant wait for winter to be over so I can drive it again. I would like to bring it over to one of the cuttings in wisconsin this summer if there is any. The picture I posted was this morning and it looked so cool I posted it in several threads. I am proud of my 47 Dodge.

This is going to be great , Glovers skidsteer for pulling and stacking . Andy and Sara's jeep for skidding and people transport, and Chandler's forwarding trailer to get the wood to the landing. All we need now is like 50 chainsaw wielding folks and we got are selves a new logging show we could sell to the history channel:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie
I'm in for sure Sat and hopefully Sun. These outings are always fun - let the sawdust fly!

I'm almost certain I have something going on that weekend, but right now I can't remember what or when. I'll try to get there at least one day.

Lmberman, that's a kick butt trailer. What do you hook to it to haul it out when it's loaded? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe your other hauler would come in handier up there:

222520d1328668866-101_0150-jpg

Seriously, if I can make it, I'll see about borrowing my buddy's 18' tandem dump, but I think the Farm plates might not be legal for hauling wood. Anyone know the rules real well?

Seriously, if I can make it, I'll see about borrowing my buddy's 18' tandem dump, but I think the Farm plates might not be legal for hauling wood. Anyone know the rules real well?

know the rules pretty well firsthand:) the farm plates are pushin it bigtime, and yet up there, for a charity cut ??? If nobody takes pictures, it never happened:msp_wink: County deputies are not usually a problem, just the state commercial enforcement units. Still, it is a risk, and on a bad day . . .

Yea, the semi needs to stay down here- sunday is maintenence day for the fleet, and the rest of the week it hauls fulltime. I am hoping there is not much snow/ice at the site or you may have a point with pulling that trailer around. I have another tractor with good chains, but the hydualics are in need of attention- this is on 'the list' for spring breakup. I have a small issue with a cylinder on the unit, but think it will hold together. Jake and I will run it a little tomorrow and see.

How's the ground look up there yet? Hopefully no ice between now and the cut.

Last edited:
We had a local guy and cop get into it over that, the cop admitted the local guy guy was right because the law states" occasional farm use" not "soley farm use" or something like that. J.d. was telling me the story so he knows more about it.

they used to have a 'dual purpose farm' that had a little more 'grey area' to interpret, but not sure they issue those anymore- my pickup has that type, and they told me to keep the original issued certificate handy as I am licenced for 8000#no-farm, 12000#farm, but the law keeps changing on what 'farm' is, they also place a mileage radius limit from 'your farm', but the definition of 'your farm' has a little grey- not enough :msp_sad:to help me most of the time

technically, you could be fined driving it to work outside the farm, a restuarant, blah blah. I see these plates used everywhere though, even hauling fishing boats :smile2:

Latest posts

Back