Check out my custom splitter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40YearHomelite

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My grandfather originally made it about 30 years ago and it's been sitting in the woods for about that long. I recently cleaned it up a bit, made a couple improvements, and put it to use. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done pretty well. I'd love to get some feedback!

[video=youtube;wAnI6ZjFXB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnI6ZjFXB4[/video]

VObcf.jpg

Gyhrz.jpg

EXTNv.jpg

nWzx8.jpg

kS07q.jpg

QVQTO.jpg

dhMnA.jpg

7HFeb.jpg

Rep sent.. Like you said... "It's not perfect, but it gets the job done pretty well."

Beats having nothing..

Beats having nothing

Rep sent.. Like you said... "It's not perfect, but it gets the job done pretty well."

Beats having nothing..

Is the block on the end of the pusher to extend the cylinder? Was the cylinder replaced at one point?

I call that thing "seat of the pants engineering"! Gramps knew what he wanted and made it!

How is the tractor/loader on fuel? Is there anyway you can hook up to a line that would allow you to have a control lever closer to the splitter? Have you thought about raising it up so you don't have to bend over but also having the option of putting it down for the big ones?

"I call that thing "seat of the pants engineering"! Gramps knew what he wanted and made it"

Yep! Gott'a give him a lot of credit. I remember the days when I wish I had something like that... My first splitter even had a block of wood just like his.

Back