Check out this page!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 028???? That's an old saw. I'd like to see a "bake off" between a 55 and 026 and a 044 vs. a 372.

I read the reviews on the 028 Stihl, they were all 5's except for one idiot who didn't know what he had and said his neighbor's Poulan was a better saw. They work better if you know how to sharpen a chain and don't use the saw for a 'Ditch Witch'.

Looks like the Husky 51 and 55 were thought of highly too. I personally think it boils down to your personal preference between a Husky or Stihl (the 'pro' versions). Both companies make damn fine saws and you won't be disappointed with either. Buy the brand that has the best local dealers. In Orlando, that would be Stihl. :D

One of the guys said on the 371 for weakness:
the only drawback I found was when I used it for lowering stumps, the exhaust fumes caused problems as they were blown back into my face when the machine was close to the ground.

When you are that low to the ground the heat has to go somewhere.

If the heat is going toward the stump, where do ya think its gonna go? If you keep your face away from the stump, only your hands will get hot.
:D

and if one wears gloves even the hands wont get hot:D - if this is a problem one could always pick an electric model...:eek:

i dont always;) just put them on before I dropstart and take them off before i start cutting:p

i was just kidding darin - honest - i do tend to wear gloves when i use my 372xp because i have to hold on tighter, my 136 is basically a one hand saw and gloves would only be on the way...but yea - tight squeeze is the key to dropstarts - with or without gloves

Back