Check out this splitter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the "tank". I think I have a few of those "tanks" around the barn.

WOW that is one sweet splitter. That took alot of thought to get that one going:dizzy:

Just weld up a tank... or use an old honey metal can or something.

KRS

That tank is probably lower than the pump and thats not good for the pump.

Hey Bill! Why is it such a deal if the pump is above the tank. I understand cavitation but is this really a problem? My Bobcat has it's hyd. pump well above it's tank and I see some of the TSC splitters are now above as well. I have mounted the motor on my splitter above the tank alsol, though I've yet to complete it so I do not have a opinion on that yet...:greenchainsaw:

Check out the hydraulic oil tank on this CL listing!
I guess the engine might be worth the $600 asking price.
http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/897743405.html
:dizzy:
Jim
That is truly an engineering masterpiece. I would have wasted time welding plate together and making a box... Whoodathunk that a plastic *tank* could be fabbed up in such a manner that it actually resembles a bucket!! The thought and engineering alone is worth the asking price. The Honda engine is the best part. I'd make a $350 offer on it, if everything functioned properly.

Chris

Last edited:
That is truly an engineering masterpiece. I would have wasted time welding plate together and making a box... Whoodathunk that a plastic *tank* could be fabbed up in such a manner that it actually resembles a bucket!! The thought and engineering alone is worth the asking price. The Honda engine is the best part. I'd make a $350 offer on it, if everything functioned properly.

Chris

Tee-hee-hee!!!
I know I couldn't custom-form plastic to resemble a bucket!
I'd give my right AND left arm for that set-up!!

Gink
Hey Bill! Why is it such a deal if the pump is above the tank. I understand cavitation but is this really a problem? My Bobcat has it's hyd. pump well above it's tank and I see some of the TSC splitters are now above as well. I have mounted the motor on my splitter above the tank alsol, though I've yet to complete it
I'm not a hydraulics expert but it is my understanding unless you are bootstrapping the reservoir it is best to provide flooded suction to a pump to ensure long life. I realize it will work for the pump to pull the fluid uphill but I would bet the mfg of the pump will have a spec for flooded suction. My Prince PTO pump does specify just that and I took that into consideration when I designed the tank and frame mount.

The chair the "oil tank" sits on is not pictured, but included in the price... no bubbles, no troubles! :)

Latest posts

Back