Chest ascender question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
When I SRT up the rope away from the trunk, i feel like i have to hold a crunch position. Would a chest ascender help with this?

What is the SRT device you are using? I have a HH with a leather and webbing strap to tend it, and a simple and strong neck loop that provides me some extra support. I also have a petzl chest harness, works great as well.

I am using rads with a gri gri. I have been exploring a frog system though. To get up faster

Get a chest harness. Really helps while climbing. And is great while resting! Doesn't get in the way of your gear, tens your rope wrench or whatever, and eases the wear and tear on yer bod'. Can be had for about $65 or so.

Get a chest harness. Really helps while climbing. And is great while resting! Doesn't get in the way of your gear, tens your rope wrench or whatever, and eases the wear and tear on yer bod'. Can be had for about $65 or so.
I'm Going to switch over to the wrench with chest harness rope walker and a haass looks like a slick set up and keeps you near vertical!

Back