China rubber replacement parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Rebuilding a ms260, intake boot is OEM and still looks fine but it’s almost 40 years old. I found some replacement seals and gaskets from my stealership, but they obsoleted the intake boot. Is it okay to replace full garb such as fuel lines, impulse and intake with chineeseium, or do I need to try to stay with OEM? Does it matter.

Personally I would trust an OEM 40 year old one that looked good far sooner than a new 25c one from Farmertec or any other supplier from a country sporting a red flag.
I have replaced a LOT of those used by others trying to save a dollar (manifolds and fuel lines mainly, but impulses are near as bad) they simply (if they ever fitted correctly in the first instance) do not last.

Personally I would trust an OEM 40 year old one that looked good far sooner than a new 25c one from Farmertec or any other supplier from a country sporting a red flag.
I have replaced a LOT of those used by others trying to save a dollar (manifolds and fuel lines mainly, but impulses are near as bad) they simply (if they ever fitted correctly in the first instance) do not last.
Made from recycled gummy bears.

There are a few listed for sale on ebay, stay away from chinese rubber parts as they seem to use standard rubber instead of chemical resistant butyl or nitryl mixtures to save money. I have good experiences with obsolete parts coming from aftermarket companies stens/oregon/rotary and dare I say hyway. The oem intake boot will be far superior in design and material to the point i would buy used 25 year old parts vs new chinese.

There are a few listed for sale on ebay, stay away from chinese rubber parts as they seem to use standard rubber instead of chemical resistant butyl or nitryl mixtures to save money. I have good experiences with obsolete parts coming from aftermarket companies stens/oregon/rotary and dare I say hyway. The oem intake boot will be far superior in design and material to the point i would buy used 25 year old parts vs new chinese.
That’s kinda where I’m stuck because if I buy NOS it’s probably going to (old) May not be much difference between that and what’s already on there.

Rebuilding a ms260, intake boot is OEM and still looks fine but it’s almost 40 years old. I found some replacement seals and gaskets from my stealership, but they obsoleted the intake boot. Is it okay to replace full garb such as fuel lines, impulse and intake with chineeseium, or do I need to try to stay with OEM? Does it matter.
For a MS260 the boot should still be available (Might be a Covid supply chain issue?). Might try a different dealer. Should be part number 1121-141-2200. I bought 3 of these a couple of years ago. No problem getting them.

For a MS260 the boot should still be available (Might be a Covid supply chain issue?). Might try a different dealer. Should be part number 1121-141-2200. I bought 3 of these a couple of years ago. No problem getting them.
I typed in that part number and found one for 25$ new so thanks there

I keep getting notices (invitations) from my Dr's office that I need to come visit them for my overdue medical checkup. I'm thinking the Doc must need a new boat or gold clubs.
If I had one of Harleys full body NON CHINA RUBBER body suits I might consider paying them a visit. (at their Covid Heaven office where sick people hang out)

Funny but patched an inner tube on a dolly - (wheels from china) and left it off for a while and a month or 2 later it had 2 large cracks- holes in the whatever you call it rubber, could just grab it and tear it up- not even usable for block off on pressure testing plates for saws, mystery material, - Like I have said to a lot of people the gas lines are great unless you get gas on them and it doesn't take long before they are gummy bears.

Bought a pile of some new lawn tractor inner tubes from flea bay. Did not know they were China.
Never did get any of them to hold air, even at low pressure they would not expand, just split instead of expanding.
Experience (china type) is what you get when what you bought was not what you wanted.

I have given up on tire tubes.1964 John Deere 110 has original tires in good shape one tire had a vary slow leak so I put in a tube . In 6 weeks it was flat the tube was all split.This is only one example I have at least 10 other things with screwed tubes.
I bought a wagon for the quad from Princess Auto pipe frame articulating front axle adjustable frame it sat over the winter and all four wheels were flat ant the tire side walls cracked right threw. It is now a yard ornament because there are no good tires to buy.I could tell many more Chinese tube and tire stories .
At least years ago if you payed more you got top quality now top quality is the same garbage as the cheap one.
Kash

Kash:
The only inner tubes that I can trust now days are Carlisle. (from experience)
I'm having to pay a pretty penny for them but from experience I do know that I'm getting quality. You have to keep a heads up on the stem styles. TR13 is the straight stem type and the bent or curved stem is the TR87.
Another hint. When you get the straight stem tube installed and aired up place a small black plastic outdoor type plastic zip tie around the stem and if the air ever goes out of the tube the stem won't go inside the rim.

I've fought them China made rubber inner tubes in hot summertime, install them and few days later tires are flat due to split tubes. Some of them 6 and 8 inch lawn tractor tires and not user friendly to repair a flat. Some CHINA inner TUBES will split when gently tested before installing
I mount tires and fix flats myself for my equipment trailers, ATV's and Lawn tractors, because
it's not worth the cost/effort to go to a tire shop, buy a inner tube and pay someone to install a inner tube in a old used tire.

Latest posts

Back