Chinese Kingpark/Forpark - Zenoah 6200 Clone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schpankme

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Below is an account of my experience in buying this Chainsaw from Ebay seller goodbuy147.

Here's how the Chainsaw was listed on Ebay:
"PROFESSIONAL 62CC 20" PETROL GASOLINE CHAINSAW CUTTING WOOD CHAIN SAW 3.6HP US"
Item number: 262202280525

Cost USD: $156.70, includes shipping

The Chainsaw was confirmed ordered, and shipped on the same day by FedEx: 7 days ship time

FedEx Activity Log:

1/30/2016 - Saturday
10:41 am Delivered
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
7:35 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery TULSA, OK
5:32 am At local FedEx facility TULSA, OK

1/29/2016 - Friday
11:12 pm Departed FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX
4:02 pm Arrived at FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX

1/27/2016 - Wednesday
11:36 pm Left FedEx origin facility SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA
6:20 pm Arrived at FedEx location SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA
12:00 am Picked up SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA

1/23/2016 - Saturday

Here's an account of the condition of the Chainsaw upon arrival:
  • Chainsaw arrived in a box, which was wrapped in a shipping envelope.
  • Box had multiple tears and look to have been tapped prior to shipping.
  • Bar and Chain were missing from Box, it is speculated that Ebay Seller goodbuy147 knew these items were missing, because Box looks to have been damaged prior to placing in shipping envelope.
  • Power head was wrapped in clear plastic bag.
  • Power head had one Bar Nut, and one Anti-Vibe cover not installed do to flashing, and found in bag.
  • Power head was damaged or scratched in multiple places having sever cut in lower Handle/Grip cover.
  • Muffler looks to be wrong size for saw, and is touching case, which also causes Muffler Mount to be bent back to compensate for shortness of Muffler; it should also be noted that Muffler has an extremely small opening for 62cc and will need to be replaced or modified.
  • Over all condition of Power Head looks to be of adequate quality, lacking Fit and Finish.
Correspondence with Ebay Seller goodbuy147:

Sent: Jan-31-16
Chainsaw arrived with Box torn open in several places; the BAR and Chain are missing;
the Handle is damaged, with many Scratches in the Power-Head.

Sent: Feb-05-16
Sorry, I feel sad for causing you trouble. We will try to improve this situation next time.
Could we refund USD 15 to you via paypay as compensation ?
Considering the shipping cost, you can keep the item, do you agree?

Sent: Feb-05-16
Please refund USD 60 to my paypay as compensation, and I will keep the item.

Sent: Feb-09-16
Thanks for your kind reply and sorry again for all the trouble. Don´t worry, I will ask our finance department to refund you ASAP.

Could you please don't leave any feedback after refunding for my effort ?
It is important to me, I really appreciated for your kindness.

Photo's of the Box and Chainsaw:

Tear in box
IMG_20160211_083356.jpg

Tear in Box, Bar and Chain missing
IMG_20160211_083506.jpg

Muffler touching case, with Muffler Mount bent back.
Note lack of Muffler ports for 62cc motor
IMG_20160211_083840.jpg

Cut in Grip
IMG_20160211_084326.jpg

Anti-Vibe cover required removing Aluminum Flash to fit, was left in bag.
IMG_20160211_084148.jpg

Inboard clutch/Rim drive
IMG_20160211_084212.jpg

Q UOTE="SawTroll, post: 5756586, member: 5399"]Why did you buy such crap in the first place? :confused:[/QUOTE]
I heard these chinese wanna be saws will outcut a professionally ported chainsaw when sent to PA for porting. China is having a hard time keeping up with demand and stihl has felt the impact since the rave reviews have been posted here on AS. I personally prefer the slower cutting MMWS's but to each his own.

Excellent photos, thank you very much. Now I need to find the old posted photos to compare them to. Good luck, personally considered the mail order clone saws to be like the kit cars and such. Might be fun, might not.

Have not seen any of that "brand" in person.

I don't get the chicom saws at all. Chris loves them. I would not take one for free. For $150 you could get a descent American, German, Swedish or Japanese saw. Used of course but at least you could run it with some pride!
To the op, I hope you get it worked out with eBay but I'd be nervous based on the grammar used by the seller. But based on that saw it matches perfect

Other than older hard to find saws these clones are the current unknowns for me. While they are referred to as clones of XXX they are quite different in many design regards, it is truly a "surprise" in application. Again, might be fun, might not.

Watching the evolution and application of an idea unfold, for the second time. Still wish it was a Solo 662 though, just saying.

Allows you to experience strong momentum? WTF! That add is the best, I like the demo pics of other saws describing the strong momentum uses for the saw. I want one of these saws to play with, but sheez I'd hate to have to rely on it to make a living! 'to respond flexbly to variety of venues...'. If you buy enough of these saws direct from the factories in China they can be had for a few bucks each!

Man that add is HILARIOUS!!!

OS004413-9-goodbuy147.jpg

That thing throws SPARKS!!!!

OS004413-7-goodbuy147.jpg

+ Strong Momentum!!!

OS004413-2-goodbuy147.jpg

ALL-CONQUERING!!!!

You gonna do some comparison stock vs ported?
Not that it matters cutting but generally you'd want the bar right side up for advertising purposes. Again this screams of lack of attention to detail. What else is overlooked?

Allows you to experience strong momentum? WTF! That add is the best, I like the demo pics of other saws describing the strong momentum uses for the saw. I want one of these saws to play with, but sheez I'd hate to have to rely on it to make a living! 'to respond flexbly to variety of venues...'. If you buy enough of these saws direct from the factories in China they can be had for a few bucks each!
I am guessing chinese children that cant speak english used google translation for the english version of the ad. a few years ago i had a chinese clone come in the shop to repair the oil pump and in my search for an oil pump that fit i ran across the manufacturer of the saw on Alibaba. the price they had listed on there was 200 units @$30 each for the 60cc saw. Not sure what the shipping costs would have been but i am sure for the US based retailer there is still a pretty good profit to be had.

@schpankme ,

Great pics! Thank you for presenting!

I donot believe that the bar & chain were missing prior to sending. I have seen it a few times that the bar just stabs a hole into the box if handled without care by the transport buisness.

Personally I still believe that the saw is simply a ccm upgraded Zenoah 5000 clone. But I would need to see more pictures in dismanteld way.

I wouldn't care all too much when you get answers here from the saw snob field! My wood has never complained that it wasn't cut with the appropriate saw and I gain my pride out of the work I have achieved.

I do not believe that the bar & chain were missing prior to sending
the bar stabs a hole into the box if handled without care by the transport business

the saw is simply a ccm upgraded Zenoah 5000 clone
I need more pictures

Not shown was the "Shipping Envelope" that the Box was inserted, all shipping info was on that envelope. This envelope had no tears; this lead me to believe that the seller knew the box was torn, and failed to check the contents prior to shipping.

I'm satisfied with the < 100 dollar power head, it would have been better for the seller to make sure his customer base receives whats advertised. I'll be using an 18 inch Bar and Low Profile Chain.

@7sleeper looks like somehow the pictures of the saw are mirrored giving the appearance of left handed operation.

Latest posts

Back