Chinese saw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your supposed to be able to bore cut into the side of a tree and ,hook a come along to the handle and lift the front of your BMW to work on it.

for normal use it should hold the weight of the saw with a full tank of fuel :)

Knowing in advance their plastics are weak on those saws, I think some wraps of real gaffer's tape would strengthen them from pulling apart.

not that I am going to go out and buy a chinese saw right now, just sayin'. Eventually they will get the quality up, I remember when "made in Japan" meant total cheap junk as well.

FWIW, china is the most capitalistic country out there now. This ain't a generation or two ago, it is *today*. Times change. Normal pressures to make a buck..renminbi...will separate out total junk from worthwhile products based on consumer demand, cost vs quality, same as it has everywhere else.

JayC ,, if you want to drop off the broken saw i can figure the studs out and let you know.

Where are you, exactly? I'm near Nashua.

I'm good for now with the washers, and I'm pretty sure I can't get factory replacement studs (not that I would want to). I was hoping that someone who tore one down would see this thread and offer advice. I did see a couple of build-off threads in the past, and at least one guy who tore one apart then destroyed it trying to do a hillbilly port job.

In all honesty, I feel for the anti-Chinese sentiment. However, for $100, you really can't buy a better saw. Even for $200. You really can't.

JayC

Back