Chip truck ?? Do I need it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Chip trucks don't cut trees. Saws do. o_O
Lol thanks for the reply. I am not experienced in this as much as I should be. I would think saws and a sky track will get near everything. I was thinking about a chipper but they are all going to trash

It's a lot cheaper for us to dump chips opposed to slash, a lot of times free...nobody wants 30 yrds of branches for ground cover

30 yards of branches in a pile and a few gals of diesel turn into not much afterward. We dig a 10-12ft deep hole, around 20x20, and start a fire in the hole. Attrachs less attention and just push the dirt over if need to put it out.

Chip truck and chipper make work a lot faster (more work=more money)
If your going to keep doing tree work, Yes I would get a chip truck & chipper a 1 Ton dump with a dome and a even a 6" chipper would work to start with

If you're hauling off the material you can fit a lot more in a truck if it's chipped. Plus it's way faster to just feed the braches into a chipper rather than trying to stack them in a truck or dump trailer.

Back