CL wanted ad pays off BIG today..... What is red and black and 112cc all over?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A Homelite 750

100_3354.jpg

100_3355.jpg

100_3357.jpg

100_3358.jpg

100_3365.jpg

100_3370.jpg

I believe this saw is going to keep up fairly well judging by the clutch cover, except for the top cover cause no amount of scrubbing is going to put the paint back on.
100_3360.jpg

This one has strong compression, a solid muffler, no breaks or cracks that I have found and the chain is close to new. The story is the seller's father traded a car for the saw in the late 80's, his dad died in the late 90's and the saw has been sitting in the cab of a old pickup every since. Seems his dad got the saw and quickly figured out it was much more than he would ever need, he ended up getting a Super XL to replace it. I never expected to find a saw of this size in my area because the big thing around here is pulp wood, no need for this kind of power and weight. Most of what I find could be considered homeowner/firewood type saws like the Super XL, XL-12, Mac 10-10, Mac 605-650 and a few Pro type Husqvarnas like the 61-272 series.

thanks it's good to be back again. it's going here got a bunch of drugies cutting peoples throte on tree cutting right now. so it's going well for right now untill spring gets here and then all heck is going to break loose. thanks for the congrats on being a sponser

Johnnie, that saw shop is still in business. My in-laws live in Valdosta and I live about 60 miles away.

Nice saw...If you want me to take it back to Goobles, just send it this way. I'll make sure it get's there.

Johnnie, that saw shop is still in business. My in-laws live in Valdosta and I live about 60 miles away.

Nice saw...If you want me to take it back to Goobles, just send it this way. I'll make sure it get's there.

Cool to hear the shop is still in business, I had planned to Google it later to find out. Afraid this one will not be going anywhere since the last one had a bad cylinder, the other one will make a most excellent parts saw. I may even swap all the nicer covers onto this one so I will have me a looker.

Goble Saw Shop

Cool to hear the shop is still in business, I had planned to Google it later to find out. Afraid this one will not be going anywhere since the last one had a bad cylinder, the other one will make a most excellent parts saw. I may even swap all the nicer covers onto this one so I will have me a looker.

I know the gentleman that owns and operates this business very well. It is a family operated business, and he is also a Husqvarna dealer. Greay guy. He is a good friend of my best friend, that I have known for over fifty years.

I know the gentleman that owns and operates this business very well. It is a family operated business, and he is also a Husqvarna dealer. Greay guy. He is a good friend of my best friend, that I have known for over fifty years.

Your telling your age!!! I know righ where they are located. But, unfortunately, when I go to Valdosta, it is usually on a Sunday.

That 750 would make the perfect restore project. Before and after pics would be awesome. A saw like that deserves to look good.

Nice score Johnnie. Glad to see your patience has payed off. The other 750 was a heartbreaker in the $$$ department.......................but your persistance has paid off with EXACTLY what you needed.:msp_thumbup:

Sweet, Great score,
Not the cleanest one i've seen,
But none the less a 750.

Lee
It is a little ugly and the top cover is starting to get that white look to it, suppose I better deal with that first before it starts pitting.

Very nice find. It looks to be in decent shape. :smile2:
Overall the saw seems to be solid and I have high hopes for it.

I always enjoy the stories that come with saws, sometimes as much as getting the saw, and it is kind of cool to know the original dealer is still out there. The dealer stickered this saw in two places, guess he wanted everyone to know where it had come from.

Great score. :cheers:
Thank you

That 750 would make the perfect restore project. Before and after pics would be awesome. A saw like that deserves to look good.
All I am planning to do right now is paint the top cover and install a intake boot. I am not much on the beauty queens because I end up not using them for fear of messing them up. Ya never know, I may make an exception for this one because of what it is.

Nice score Johnnie. Glad to see your patience has payed off. The other 750 was a heartbreaker in the $$$ department.......................but your persistance has paid off with EXACTLY what you needed.:msp_thumbup:
I was quite disappointed when I found the cylinder on the other saw but at least I plenty of spare parts now, and I still have the option of having the other cylinder repaired in the future. Going by Ebay standards I have $600 worth of mufflers laying here......... If mufflers are worth $300 each then a good piston must be worth at least $500........:D I lucked out this time and it has only taken me about two weeks to find this saw.

Well...
DOES IT RUN!?!?!?

Check that intake boot good! :cheers:

It does still have some old fuel in it, from the smell I would guess from sometime around the second Ice Age. (The movie, not the earth cycle:msp_tongue:) I am not even going to dare and try to fire it before I check it out completely, that boot is most certainly the first thing on the list.

NICE. I didn't realize those saws had that many cubes. There was one on my local CL also. Gonna have to look again...Bob

The guy has a Homey 925 listed now.

Last edited:
Further proof that you're living your life right Johnnie. Congratulations! :rock:

Dan
Don't know about that now...... It proves that idiots have dum luck........

NICE. I didn't realize those saws had that many cubes. There was one on my local CL also. Gonna have to look again...Bob

The guy has a Homey 925 listed now.

To tell you the truth I have never ran a 750 so I can not really comment on their performance, but if you can find a decent deal I would grab it up just because of what the parts will sale for. Seems that mufflers, pistons, cylinders and the cover around the muffler are in great demand.

The 900 series Homelites are fun saws to run, Igpoe has a minty one with a bow bar he brings to all the shows. I am actually trying to work a deal on one for myself right now.

EDIT:
Bob,
Did you bid on that Craftsman/Echo I messaged you about?

Last edited:
Back