Clearance Clarence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
004-19.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-8.jpg

I had arrived at this job expecting just to take stuff off the house, the lady then said she wanted all the lower limbs cut off the trunk, you know, to raise the canopy.

Nevermind all that. The stuff over the street was easy enough from the top of the truck and a pole.

008-9.jpg

017-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

That's where I came barrelling of the end of my line, short jump to the ground.

010-7.jpg

When I do jobs like this by myself I set enough rope to make it easy. The srt and lowering line was for the stuff over the house.

014-8.jpg

Then I had the line high in the center to skamper out over the neighbor's drive with hand saw ( ms200t).

009-9.jpg

Making cuts like this throughout the lower canopy on both trees.

011-7.jpg

I did whack the lead over the house good.

012-7.jpg

Danno what year is that Bandit? very similar to mine but looks a little newer. The one I have now was my backup 90xp was gonna redo the whole chipper but...............might end up selling it? It needs some cosmetic work but I liked it so much I kept it over the newer chipper which I sold!!

what solid, diehard machines uh?

LXT..............

Looks good. I was thinking she was asking for some of those large lower limbs removed.

Smooth talking!

They just want them up, a lot of times working the tips is a better way to go about it. Not much you can do about getting clearance... cause that norway?

Well, what can you say? I asked them if they wanted it down.

036-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

I did get into the tips of the one over the house but just cleaned out the low center of the second one.

Danno what year is that Bandit? very similar to mine but looks a little newer. The one I have now was my backup 90xp was gonna redo the whole chipper but...............might end up selling it? It needs some cosmetic work but I liked it so much I kept it over the newer chipper which I sold!!

what solid, diehard machines uh?

LXT..............

2007.I bought it June 06 They call it "007" soes I had to get it thinking " new" rather than " redo" cause the last thing i wanted to worry about was the chipper. i can hook that thing to my lawn mower, drive down the road, do a job, blow chips in the woods. Well, the dingo can move its 4500 lbs on suitable terrain.I was going to get a Corvette but got that instead.

This 90xp is now like a scaled down bigger unit. I am glad they came out with it when they did, I was looking, its perfect for my operation. bent the little flap on the end of the shoot the first dam day.

This is what i use for srt anchor and dog leashes.

026-4.jpg

here is what I looked like after trimming scyamore on a windy day

016-8.jpg

Nah, I wouldn't have wanted to run big sycamore through my lil chipper for what she was paying.

Here is this step I built soes I can check my oil and it keeps the receiver from getting rusted and packed up.

031-1.jpg

032-2.jpg

I didn't say a dam thing!

Another shot of that defect in the lead over the house.

022-6.jpg

I guess I didn't get the pic I wanted. I stubbed the smaller branch that makes up the right side of the semi-graft and lightened the top of the right.Hopefully I won't have to skamper back up there for awhile and do any more carving. If something fails the results will be subtle.

Last edited:
Beemandan, nice trim on the london plane.

That pic of you, well, looks like you knocked down a 30pac...lol

I've done rigging by myself as well, but would rather have groundy with me, saves a lot of time.

Last edited:
Beemandan, nice trim on the london plane.

That pic of you, well, looks like you knocked down a 30pac...lol

I've done rigging by myself as well, but would rather have groundy with me, saves a lot of time.

jess a lil dust, burnt for a spell, eyes watering all night.

A couple of those cuts look nonstandard. Unless the tree is beat up by storms, I usually take the branches back 2 a collar. My 2 cents.

Jesus its a #### tree anyway whether you wanna call a plane tree or a sycamore they are weeds , you could cut flush with the ground and come back in 20 years and it will be the same size ... They are as bad as mulberry ... awful trees to chip and the eyes are the least of my worries , after chipping that #### it feels like I smoked 3 packs of cigs in a hour ... I usually get a sinus infection from them if I don't wear a dust mask .... GRRRRRR those trees just make me itch looking at the pics .. BTW DANNO nice job

Latest posts

Back