Climbing pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have worn Carhartt double knees,while I climb, for years now. They held up the best so i just never tried different pants after finding them. They are great for resisting snags and tearing. But they are heavy and restricting in the crotch and thighs. I've had the same 5 pants for like 4 yrs now lol. What are some pants everyone else wears? I'd like to find lighter weight pants with better flexibility and are tough and hold up like Carhartts.

I find Dickies to have more room in the crotch and more flexability than Carharrts. Also cheaper. I've trashed a few pairs of spendy pants too, before I realized it was more economical to just accept that I go through 3 pairs of $24 Dickies a year.

Pfanner kevlar extreme, light and very tough, reckon you could go kickboxing in them

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Pfanner climbing pants kick ass. Arborwear canopy pants fit the bill. Their original tree climbers pants are far less spendy, are similar to a carhartt with more flexibility and movement.

We really like the Duluth Firehose Briar pants. They have a built in section in the crotch that allows for stretching with reinforcement in the areas that get the most wear.

We really like the Duluth Firehose Briar pants. They have a built in section in the crotch that allows for stretching with reinforcement in the areas that get the most wear.
I was thinking about trying these out. I have a pair of Wrangler ProGear upland pants that are similar with the Cordura faces and they've served well but are worn out after a couple of years of use. About half the cost of the Duluth version though. Lately I wear Patagonia Field pants most days because it's hot in summer here. They are thin nylon with double heavier fronts. When they break I'll send them back for warranty repair. No holes yet. Another climber has several pairs of the Arborwear canopy pants and likes them. I really like their zippered pockets but they are spendy! I have SIP saw pants but I can only wear them if it's below 50 degrees out or I'll die of heat exhaustion.

Are we talking just climbing pants or chainsaw protective climbing pants?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I always try and find the cheapest pants to climb with. Dickies or Wranglers. I've spent good money on pants before and they usually end up getting wrecked from spruce or pine sap.

Back