Closeout price on the MS260 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was in my local True Value Stihl dealer today to kill some time at lunch. They had a new 261, $535ish if i remember correctly. But what I do remember correctly is the price on the two MS260 Pro's they had. $434.00. How about dealers in your areas', any closeouts on the 260.
REJ2

Last edited:
Our local dealer does'nt have any closeout deal on the MS260, but regular price is $469. He noted the 261 would be $50 more and seeing as how he's had no one who asked for the 261 yet, he'll keep stocking the 260 as long as possible.

Our local dealer does'nt have any closeout deal on the MS260, but regular price is $469. He noted the 261 would be $50 more and seeing as how he's had no one who asked for the 261 yet, he'll keep stocking the 260 as long as possible.

Thats a more than decent regular price. Here the regular price on the 260 was $509. REJ2

Last edited:
Dealer here is stupid. Has one saw on display some kind of homeowner saw. Whatever. Asked about the new saws. He says, well, as soon as all the lawn mowers get her, we might try to get a few saws. What a gomer.

I dunno if it was close out but the guy wanted $520 with 16" bar. He hadnt even heard of the 261 yet and thought i was crazy. He said the 260 pro is the best saw their is for cutting firewood. Even if they get a 261 he wont sell it, cause he loves his 260pro. Thats how it is in ol Texas!

Stihl no 261's at my dealer, 260's are $529. They had to call to get me a price on 261 $549 they cant get yet, lol

I dunno if it was close out but the guy wanted $520 with 16" bar. He hadnt even heard of the 261 yet and thought i was crazy. He said the 260 pro is the best saw their is for cutting firewood. Even if they get a 261 he wont sell it, cause he loves his 260pro. Thats how it is in ol Texas!

You can probably get a better dealer in Mexico huh?:msp_w00t:

You can probably get a better dealer in Mexico huh?:msp_w00t:

I dont know what the guys deal was.....wasnt really the friendliest either. I kinda stay away from saw shops around here. Ive learned enough on here to troubleshoot. Also baileys seems to have better deals even with shipping.

Some dealers will offer really good prices, while some stick tight to MSRP. It pays to check around.

I was over at Potters in Winfield the other day and i tell you what... pat had a 261 in stock and i damn near sported some wood... i JUST got a 260 for my birthday back around the 10th of january... and NOW i want a 261! just sweeter than the 260 (which i really like also)

If you guys find a closeout 260 they are probably a great deal, but spend the extra 50 on a 261 if you can! :) I'm going to, hell, i'd sell my 260 reasonable enough just so i can GET a 261!

I dont know what the guys deal was.....wasnt really the friendliest either. I kinda stay away from saw shops around here. Ive learned enough on here to troubleshoot. Also baileys seems to have better deals even with shipping.

My dealer was the same way, now they know me all is well. Yep AS is the biggest saw shop around, alot of knowledge here. Baileys is great.

$439 ? Now that is a good deal for a MS260. Only prices I see are $509.99 with a 16" bar, or + $10 per step upwards in bar size.
I was all set on getting one at reg price, but the dealer doesn't deal in pro series saws. So I chose the Wood Boss MS270.

Back