cold natured husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneadam12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anybody with a Husky have problems with your saw not wanting to start or not wanting to rev up right after starting the first time of the day? Just curious, this 570 is my first husky, never had that problem with the stihls.

Mine doesn't want to idle when it gets hot, but thats about it.

Starts great cold. Even frozen cold it starts good.

I have not had hands on the 570

I have not had hands on experience with the 570 but other x-torqs I have worked on are cold blooded due to emissions tuning
makes yah crazy

Last edited:
all huskies i know are little hard to start when cold but after that its one pull and it fires..

Good to know it's not just me. My luck is usually on the bad side and just wanted to make sure. The saw cranks and runs good the rest of the day even after letting it sit for a while.

There should be enough adjustment for it to start well where you are unless Missisippi has mountains. I had one late 372XP that was a hard strter like that and it was casting flash hanging the needle open and the saw was hard to start cold but the vibration after running cleared the needle until it shut off again
Did you adjust the low end out some on the carb?

570 & 575

In my family we have a 570 and a 575 which start the same way...crummy when cold. We have gotten used to starting them, running a few seconds on the fast idle then let them idle for a minute or so. Usually a good time to gear up with PPE. Once that time goes by they run great and restart fine.
It is the first minute or so that stink, thanks EPA!

I haven't adjusted the carb lately, it's on the boderline at idle now as far as the chain begining to move is concerned. Any faster and I know it will run continuously. The saw has been this way from day one, not to say that is right but just the way it is. This was my main reason for the post, to try and decide if i wanted to attempt to adjust it out.

Then you are set too lean

The low speed jet needs to be turned out (ccw) go a little at a time and then check the acceleration between Idle and top. If the Idle drops out bring up the idle stop to compensate

PEST said:
The low speed jet needs to be turned out (ccw) go a little at a time and then check the acceleration between Idle and top. If the Idle drops out bring up the idle stop to compensate

Good post. The cooler temps will also affect carb settings. If it was set up in the warmer months, the cooler denser air will cause the saw to run a little lean and need to be richened up. PEST explained it very well.

There should be no hesitation between idle and WOT. If there is, keep turning the L jet out (CCW) until it is good. The more fuel you give it (CCW) the more you will have to adjust the idle screw CW to keep the saw running at idle. You want the idle to be fairly fast, but not to where it turns the chain

The 570 and 575 are known for being cold natured. In order to properly adjust a carburetor you must first warm up the saw. Guess what, these saws work just fine when they are warm. If you richen the low speed to the extent of the limiter it will still work fine when it is warm but not any better when cold. If you remove the limiter cap on the low speed and richen it to the point of good cold acceleration it runs rich when it warms up. This is the nature of these saws. They are good working saws, they just need to be warmed up before they will perform. Husqvarna has introduced a new carburetor for new production saws to eliminate this problem. See attached bulletin

well, I finally had to use the saw today, so I thought I try making the carb adjustments recommended. Guess what, it's better. Stihl not as good as my ms310 was, but I can live with it.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back